Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to my Mom #4 - Last Y&R watched together aired Tuesday 1506.30




Hey, Mom! Talking to my Mom #4 - Last Young and the Restless watched together aired Tuesday 1506.30

Hi Mom,

We often watched The Young and the Restless (Y&R) soap opera together. I am going to write about this subject in depth on my t-shirts blog, which I started here: T-shirt #366., so I will spare you a long treatise in this post. You know what this show meant to us; you know how it was our thing. We watched so many episodes of this show together, especially after the meningitis. Just like I played this show for you when you were in your coma 15 years ago, I played this show for you several times in your final week.

The last Young and the Restless  episode that we watched together (though you were kind of out of it as you were "actively dying") was the episode that aired originally Tuesday June 30th, 2015, though I think we watched it on your last full day here with us: Friday, July 3rd. We have a history of not watching the episodes when they air since recording became possible.

I watched it while working, as I often do, but I re-watched it yesterday because I didn't really remember what happened in it. At first, I did not even know I had seen it already as I had very little memory of it. Slowly, some scenes and key moments triggered my memories. I had watched it. I had watched it with you. But I was so distracted that watching it again was like watching it for the first time. Our last Y&R together. I should have saved it. But I didn't. I let it go into the universe of deleted shows. That's probably for the best.

I always talked to you about The Young and the Restless. I cannot promise to talk about the show all the time in this blog, but I will discuss it somewhat regularly because we always did, so often, over the last forty-two years that it has aired on CBS.

In recent years, I had to recap the show's episodes for you so you knew what had happened as you often slept through the program. You slept through the last one, too, though maybe you caught the familiar sound of Victor Newman's voice or the classic theme music as you drifted in and out. I like to think that these familiar sounds were comforting to you.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 05 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1507.09 - 9:31


No comments: