Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #20 - Memorial Service pt. 7 - Mints story

recreation - mints on a kitchen counter near notes and lists
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #20 - Memorial Service pt. 7 - Mints story


Hi Mom,

You loved this story. It would always make you laugh.

I can hear you laughing.

Last night, I dreamed of you laughing.

You were there in the living room, and then you were gone.

Here's the next bit from the Memorial Service, continued from this post #17:

One of the best stories that casts her as Ms. Intensity involved my best friend, Tom Meyers. He was visiting, and we were playing D&D as we often do. Please visualize that we are in our 20s or even early 30s in this story. It was a Friday night, and my parents were gone at some event at Miller Auditorium, possibly the symphony. There were two chocolate mints sitting on the kitchen counter, like the kind hotels often leave on bed pillows. They looked discarded, like left-overs. Tom asked if we could eat the mints, and it seemed to me that they were free game, so I said sure. Tom was in the bathroom off the kitchen when my mother came home, immediately went to the counter and cried “Mints! Where are my mints!?!” She had been thinking of how she would eat them through the whole concert and all the way home, looking forward to it. Had I been the one to eat both, I would be in deep-doo-doo, but my mother loved Tom and instantly forgave him. However, Tom was afraid to come out of the bathroom and also was suddenly paralyzed and bladder shy. He stayed in the bathroom a very long time, waiting for my mother to go upstairs. She was very intense. Intense about everything.
This feels like a good story to share three weeks after you died, Mom.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 21 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1507.25 - 20:18

MINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE MY MINTS??????

I bought mints at Heilman's for this post.
Mom loved Heilman's.
I have been buying her presents there for years.

No comments: