Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #24 - Memorial Service Part 9 - Y&R & Turkeyville


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #24 - Memorial Service Part 9 - Y&R & Turkeyville

Hi Mom,

Doing things we shared together is difficult sometimes. Well, often.

The Young and the Restless is a part of my weekly life. I may not watch an episode a day, but some work days that are filled with work that is somewhat mindless (such as grading Discussion  Boards or worksheet assignments), I may watch five-six Y&R episodes in a day.

I quite lost it two weeks ago when Gabriel revealed to Chelsea that he really is her supposedly dead husband Adam Newman, Victor's black sheep son. I wept and wept. This was a moment we had been waiting to see, Mom. I felt you watching it with me. I feel you with me as I type these words, but it's not the same as you being here with me in this physical universe.

I already wrote about your affection for The Young and the Restless, Mom, in Hey Mom #4. And I wrote about this thing with Gabriel/Adam and Chelsea already in #12.

I am still watching Y&R as I work. I try not to be sad. The grades are better for the students if I am not sad or angry.

The next Cornwell's Dinner Theatre show, one of the nun shows (Nuns in Las Vegas), starts at the end of August. Dad and I will go just for you. You loved Turkeyville so much. I will tell you all about it.

That's all for today. Except for the next bit from the "talk."

Here's the next bit of the Memorial Service talk (we're nearly at the end) continued from Hey Mom #22:

My mother and I shared many great times together in the last 53 years. We were avid viewers of the Young and The Restless, which we often watched together. When she was in the coma in ICU, I played Y&R on the TV, hoping the familiar sounds of the show would be comforting. In these last few years, Y&R was one of our main topics of conversation, mainly because she missed so much of it as she often slept through it, and so I would recap it for her and tell her what I thought about actors or story lines.
She also loved Turkeyville, which is a restaurant in Marshall. She especially loved the Christmas show in the dinner theatre there and is solely responsible for making the director keep a carol sing-a-long in each year’s program. Though she could not handle going to the show in 2014, we went in both 2013 and 2012. I took her to many shows there before and since her meningitis. I will always think of her, there. And so should you. Go visit.
Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 25 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1507.29 - 18:31

No comments: