Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, October 9, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #825 - The Monk By The Sea - Musical Monday 1710.09


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #825 - The Monk by the Sea - Musical Monday 1710.09

Hi Mom,

Some might accuse me of laziness with the blog.

"Hey Chris, sharing a lot of other people's content and not so much original stuff."

Or

"Hey Chris, you used to make multi-track, themed musical mixes each week. What happened to that? What gives?"

Or even, the question I ask myself not every day but often

"Hey Chris, are you too busy or otherwise engaged to continue a daily blog, let along this feature of the daily blog in conversations with your mom. I mean, it's been over two years."

Yeah, it's been over two years. I am waiting for what Brick in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof called "the click." When it's time to stop, I will know. It's not time.

I mean, heck, I have almost 250 drafts. Sure, many are monthly comic book lists that have accumulated for two years. Those are not interesting to anyone but me. But that's only maybe about 25 or so drafts. Also, sure, yeah, there are posts that are little more than titles waiting to be filled in with content. Many others are just single links with work to be done to copy the content. And more still are just dated and have watched their expiration dates fade away in the rear view.

But my point is that I am not done talking (or rather, writing), and I don't think I need to be.

I have shared these thoughts in other forms several times in the last few weeks. It's going to be a theme, Mom. I am not done chewing this gristle quite yet.

All of this is preamble for a few tracks by one of my new favorite artists: The Monk By The Sea.

The Monk By The Sea is the ambient project of Croatian guitarist Ivan Ujevic. The Monk by the Sea
hails from Zagreb, Croatia.

I have featured the work of this ambient artist here before, but here's some new stuff.

This is good music for a Monday.










This next track does not fit with the others but I like the name of the artist and the name of the song. The actual song, meh.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 827 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1710.09 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: