Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #657 - Radio Silence, Musical Monday 1704.24
Still studying for Calculus...
Here's a curious mix.
Less text than usual today.
These songs do a great job capturing my complex moods right now.
But they have a great deal to say about the state of our nation, too.
This James Blake guy hit my radar in putting these mixes together with the power of the Google algorithm.
FROM WIKI: James Blake Litherland (born 26 September 1988), known as James Blake, is an English singer, songwriter, musician and record producer from London. He first received recognition in 2010 for a trio of dubstep-influenced EPs, and the following year his self-titled debut album was released in the United Kingdom to critical praise. His second studio album Overgrown was released in 2013 and was awarded the Mercury Prize. His third studio album The Colour in Anything was released in 2016. Blake has also released remix work under the moniker Harmonimix.
Blake received his second Grammy Award nomination at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards for Best New Artist. At the 2014 Brit Awards, Blake was nominated for the Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist.
I build these mixes often with Google recommendations.
Coincidentally, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs song "Maps" came up, and I added it before I played it and discovered it's this song that Liesel has been playing over and over for like a year!
A baker's dozen of songs today!
Here's the playlist (and link). The track list is not formatted in that sometimes the artist is first and sometimes the track title is first (those are in quotes). I left in the video creators, though, when they differ from the musical artist.
RADIO SILENCE MIX (AND LINK HERE)
1. "Phenomena and Occurrences" - by Ghost Box - 2:03
2. James Blake - "Radio Silence" - by jamesblakeproduction - 4:04
3. Radiohead - "Daydreaming" - by Radiohead - 6:27
4. "Peel Away the Ivy" by The Pattern Forms by Ghost Box - 1:46
5. "Let's Eat Grandma" - Deep Six Textbook (Official Video) - by Transgressive 5:38
6. THE OSCILLATION "Future Echo" by Julian Hand - 6:05
7. Moby - "If Things Were Perfect" by oscarplanes - 4:18
8. Moby - "One of these mornings" by voula skr - 3:15
9. Sylvan Esso - "Radio" [OFFICIAL] - 3:33
10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps" - by YeahYeahYeahs - 4:23
11. "Staring at the Sun" by TV on the Radio - 3:33
12. "K-Hole" - CocoRosie - by nafasskataa - 4:15
13. The Blow - "True Affection" (Depth Solitude Remix) - by overzero - 3:24
Here's another song that Liesel has been playing over and over until I love it as much as she does.
"k-hole" by coco rosie
Tiny spirit in a k-hole
Bloated like soggy cereal
God will come and wash away
Our tattoos and all the cocaine
And all of the aborted babies
Will turn into little bambies
Wounded river push along
Searching for that desert song
And mozart's requiem will play
On tiny spearkers made of clay
Tell my mother that i love her
Martin luther you're an angel
Charming monkey saunter swagger
Drunken donkey limbs disjointed
Your chest is a petting zoo
Mexican pony fucked up shoes
I dreamt one thousand basketball courts
Nothing holier than sports
Dragonfly kiss your tail
Precious robot built so frail
Universe of milk and ember
Your hot kiss in mid december
What's god name i can't remember
Through the crack eye lovely weather
Reflect and connect.
Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
I miss you so very much, Mom.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.
- Days ago = 659 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1704.24 - 7:10 (my time)