Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #536 - Tower Christmas at L&N Beard's 2016

Satchel 1611.30
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #536 - Tower Christmas at L&N Beard's 2016

Hi Mom,

I meant to get this one posted long before now as we celebrated Christmas with Dad  back on December 4th.

This one's mostly photos with a few comments.

Hey, I made your carrot salad!! Mine did not turn out like yours. I need more practice. It's not easy to find these onions anymore.

I wish you were here to discuss this recipe.

I also wish you were here so we could make a lemon cake. We had a lemon cake mix in your pantry when you died. We were going to make one during one of my visits.

Here, I took some step by step photos of the carrot salad preparation. Not every step but several steps.









  


Lori did a great with hosting us for Christmas for a second year in a row. Dad's heart is not in putting up all of your decorations, which makes me sad, but I do understand. Lori has absorbed your Christmas traditions and styles, with her own flair, of course.

Turkey chili and cornbread and then pie.

DINNER AT THE BEARDS





And then many presents were opened. It was fun.

PRESENTS

























Here's some ends and odds of pictures in the folder from around the same time as we had to celebrate Christmas a week after Thanksgiving due to Dad's travel and my exams.

Eating the last of the Thanksgiving food. Is it okay to get gravy from a jar when you run out of the homemade stuff?


Appetizers: Mackarel in tomato sauce, chutney, and caviar with Triscuits.


Pie for breakfast all week after Thanksgiving.


Satchel tells me she is ready for her walk 1611.30.


Satchel is ready for bed after her walk 1611.30.


We're going off meat. But wait, I just bought this sausage. I have to eat it up.


Preparations for Thanksgiving. Much wine is consumed during the cooking prep.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 538 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1612.24 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: