Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #533 - The Christmas show at Cornwell's Turkeyville, 2016

me, Dennis McKeen, Dad (Bob Tower)
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #533 - The Christmas show at Cornwell's Turkeyville, 2016

Hi Mom, Happy Winter Solstice and shortest day of the year.

So, this... for the Solstice.



and this... because I am supporting my friend Walt Curley because he's sick of all the geek shaming online. I have a post about that subject, but I am not done with it.


We went to the Christmas show at Turkeyville again this year, Mom. I meant to get this posted after we went, which was November 26th, but I have been so busy with work and finals and work that is giving finals and all that.

It was a cute show called "Christmas with the In-Laws."

But in a sad change of tradition, it's the first Christmas show at Turkeyville since 1993 that I did not review. In fact, the Battle Creek Enquirer is not reviewing it, which is solely based on the online versions click rates, which I think is a mistake. Most of the people who attend or might attend are not clicking.

A very clever version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" with updates and modernizations closed the show. I liked it, but sadly, it's over now, so I didn't even get these comments up before it closed for the season.

So, for yours and everyone's reading pleasure, here's last year's post. They dedicated the sing-a-long to you, again, Mom, and called you a "young lady," which would have made you laugh.

I don't think they always do the sing-a-long let alone a dedication to you, Mom, but it was a nice acknowledgment to us.

I am sorry that the Enquirer is not sending me to review anymore, Top Hat Productions and Cornwell's Dinner Theatre, but we'll keeping coming to the Christmas show, at least.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Christmas show - 2011
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #130 - Turkeyville Christmas Show

Hi Mom, You were with us today. Dad and I went to the annual Christmas show at Cornwell's Turkeyville Dinner Theatre, produced by Top Hat Productions.

You love these Christmas shows.

I may post my review later, after it appears in the newspaper, but here's a few thoughts.

Above is a picture of Dad and me with producer Dennis McKeen.

As you can see, he is wearing a very festive suit.

I moved the picture all the way to the top.







Christmas show 2013
So, Dennis decided to do a tribute for you. His wife Holly, who played Charlie the Christmas Elf, in the show of the same name, announced the sing-along, dedicated to you. She called you a "young lady," which I thought was very sweet. But she accurately recounted your complaint about them dropping the sing-along from the show, and how Dennis put it back in just for you.

It was a very sweet dedication. Both Dennis and Holly have lost their mothers in recent years, and both were sympathetic to our feelings, especially as Dad and I attended the first Christmas show without you.

But even before the tribute, I was already pretty wrecked as the cast closed the show by singing Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah."

I love that song.

But it really made me weep, this time especially.

Also, I did some shopping in BOTH gift shoppes in your honor, Mom. I didn't buy anything, but Dad did. He bought a gift for Lori.

I wish you had been there physically, Mom, though I felt you embracing me, all around me, around us, in spirit.

It's early, but Merry Christmas.

Here's a video of "Hallelujah." I chose a version with four part harmony to try to recreate what they did at Turkeyville.




Turkeyville gift shoppe

Turkeyville candy counter

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 132 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1511.13 - 10:10 (22:10)

for the sign and the cinnamon rolls
mom, you loved cinnamon rolls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 535 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1612.21 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: