Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #909 - Portland 1712.30

Liesel at Tin Shed 1712.30
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #909 - Portland 1712.30

Hi Mom,

Liesel and I went into Portland yesterday. We had a great time.

First, we parked about half a mile from Pistil's Nursery on Mississippi. The walk on the streets of Portland is becoming familiar and comfortable. I am finding that feeling of connection and community more and more. For one thing, people are really nice! I witnessed many spontaneous conversations between people, and many acts of kindness.

After the nursery, where we bought gifts for Adam Kemp, our soon to be son-in-law, we went to a cute little boutique that sells chocolate, pink Himalyan salt, and even Gwen Frostic cards as I previously featured:

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/09/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-794.html

This time the the comic book store was open, Bridge City Comics; Liesel insisted on getting me another Christmas gift, so I asked her to buy me Alan Moore's Jerusalem but in a three volume set that has broken the huge text (1280 pages) into three volumes.

We returned to the car and drove to the neighborhood where her salon is located so as to be close by for her appointment.

After some deliberating, we settled on the Tin Shed for some dinner, and it's a good thing we did. Liesel's hamburger was the best she has ever had in her life. This "best of" seems to be the way of things lately. Life is rich with heavy cream.

After making sure she was settled in for her salon appointment, and meeting her stylist, I set up a block up the street for some computering (how to best use Git Hub) at Barista and had some delicious coffee.

After her appointment, I wanted to check out Les Caves, but it was full, so we ended up having some dessert at Petite Provence, where I had "lemon graffiti," a lemon filled chocolate cake, which was delicious. I did not photograph the cake, but many other aspects of our day are photo-documented here.

On an unrelated note, though one site is a PDX business, this:

I have found this cool blog: THE HONEST COURTESAN and this publisher: Microcosm Publishing, which also hosts a blog.

Just thought I would put these things here for future reference, and for your reference, reader, if you wish. Right, Mom?

Another side note, apparently Portland sites share a PDX domain as all the restaurant name in the sites are followed by pdx.com in the URL.

These are days, that you'll remember...

Liesel's Salon on the right - Alberta Station interior






Dessert after salon.



Tin Shed Menu




Barista coffee shop





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 911 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1712.31 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: