Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, December 22, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #900 - I Was Low




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #900 - I Was Low

Hi Mom,

I was low.

Now, I am not.

I had wanted to make this post with a photo I have of myself from my K-College days in front of a poster of David Bowie's Low, but I think the photo is back in Michigan on photo paper and that I don't have a digital copy of it. So, maybe some day.

This post and its subject seems appropriate for post #900.

I have undergone a transformation.

I was low. For all its wonder and beauty and excitement, the move out west was a struggle for me, and given that I work at home, I struggled.

But my trip back to Michigan transformed me. Spending time with family and friends lifted my spirits and shed my burdens and anxieties. I came back home to Washington feeling lighter, feeling love, feeling great positivity and optimism. Don't get me wrong. There's love here, too. But I needed to step away from our life here and to get perspective. I also needed more closure for my life in Kalamazoo. I found those things. I could literally feel the heaviness lift off of me about halfway through my stay in Michigan. I felt as if I was uplifted into the air: levitating.

This transformation began here in Portland where Liesel and I attended a lecture on Jungian psychology shortly before I flew back to Michigan. I still need to write a post about that lecture (so stay tuned).

This is my best and brief sharing of my emotional state right now. I am still marveling at it. I am sure it will continue to unravel and reveal new truths as I reflect on it.

In a sense, Mom, this feeling of lightness is what your spirit provides me, though I have an abundant share of it in reality, though I have to think that it's because of you, because of the person I am that owes its greatest allegiance to you and how you helped to shape me.

I am lighter than air, and I am surrounded by love.







+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 902 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1712.22 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: