Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1036- I Am Not Shinzo Abe - Musical Monday for 1805.07

https://xinlisupreme.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-not-shinzo-abe



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1036 - I Am Not Shinzo Abe - Musical Monday for 1805.07 

Hi Mom,  I am taking advantage of the free WiFi in the PDX airport as I wait to board the plane for a flight to San Diego where I will be May ninth through eleventh. This declaration may seem odd unless you are a regular reader of my blog and know that I often have to post backwards in time.

I fell behind with family stuff -- Ivan and friends are visiting and Liesel needed me -- but also in my scramble to get work done before leaving for this trip.

So this is a post with very little preamble and commentary.

I must say I don't know anything about Japan's Prime Minister, why it is taboo to criticize him, and what such criticisms would be if made.

I found this musician and music on BANDCAMP and decided to share it on the blog mainly just because I like protests and usually find that the criticisms of government figures are justified.

So here's a quickie for Musical Monday with some of the text from Bandcamp.

My plane is boarding.





Two years ago, Japanese record label canceled the production of Xinlisupreme`s works and terminated the contract with Xinlisupreme because Xinlisupreme created a protest song “I Am Not Shinzo Abe” to criticize Shinzo Abe, a prime minister of Japan. It has now become a taboo in Japan to criticize Shinzo Abe in music and other creative activities. In 2015, Southern All Stars, a popular band in Japan, was made to apologize for publically ridiculing him on TV.
Also in 2016, there were fierce repercussions on the internet against the appearance of Aki Okuda, a leader of SEALDs, a student group to protest against Shinzo Abe, in the Fuji Rock, the biggest music festival in Japan. Even the phrase “Do not politicize music” became a top trend on Japan’s twitter. We all have the right to freedom of expression when criticizing Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, an extreme right-wing politician who allows discrimination, social gaps and nuclear power plants.

With this Album, Xinlisupreme want to criticize Shinzo Abe and also change the atmosphere of the Japanese society which does not allow music to become political. Xinlisupreme hope is that this album will stimulate a discussion for the change.



Xinlisupreme (シンリシュープリーム) is a Japanese musician from Kumamoto, Japan formed in 2001. FatCat Records released Xinlisupreme’s debut full-length entitled “Tomorrow Never Comes” in march 2002. Including gushing praise from Andrew Weatherall who even went so far as to write a short story “The Xinli Incident” about Xinlisupreme, comparing Xinlisuprme impact on the current IDM-based scene to that of punk's assault on prog rock. Xinlisupreme released Murder License EP in October 2002. Xinlisupreme spent three years getting single Seside Voice Guitar that Xinlisupreme had produced out on website in January 2010. Seside Voice Guitar was selected as number 1 for best song of the year by each of the different Japanese music media. Xinlisupreme then signed on with a Japanese label and released two works / albums. However, there was a song I Am Not Shinzo Abe criticizing Shinzo Abe that became the subject of bashing on the Internet in Japan, and all the works that Xinlisupreme had released in Japan were discontinued. Xinlisupreme’s contract with the label was also terminated on the basis of criticism of Shinzo Abe. On March 19, 2018, Xinlisupreme released 2nd full-length album I Am Not Shinzo Abe on Bandcamp, Apple, Spotifi, Amazon,and more. I Am Not Shinzo is Xinlisupreme’s first full-length album Tomorrow never comes in 16 years.
credits
released March 18, 2018 license
all rights reserved

Tags
alternative Japan

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1038 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1805.07 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: