Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1095 - Throwback Thursday for 1807.05



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1095 - Throwback Thursday for 1807.05

Hi Mom,

Tomorrow will be the last of the daily transmissions of Hey Mom. I am continuing Hey Mom as a feature but mostly just twice a week unless special occasions or inspirations necessitate more.

But today, somewhat chatty. And then a reprint with a lot of Mom photos.

As I shared yesterday, I feel closest to you in nature, Mom, mainly because I feel close to the spiritual there. The nature here in our new home is even more deeply spiritual and older than that of Michigan, though this is surely just a feeling that's not based in accuracy. Mountains inspire thoughts of the age of the earth and our brief time here as humans compared to the overall length of the planet's history thus far.

So, Liesel and I took two hikes lately: Sunday down in the Tillamook State Forest along the Wilson River Trail, with the dogs, which is a bit challenging, and then yesterday, Wednesday, July 4th, around Coldwater Lake at the base of Mt. St. Helens, without the dogs. I would have liked to be on the hike at the time of your death, but we couldn't even make it there by the equivalent time in this time zone, (10:10 a.m.) let alone being on the trail at 7:10 a.m. We're not morning exercise people.

But one good thing is that we're jazzed to take more hikes. Maybe as soon as this weekend. We also want to go Kayaking.

In other news, the Tigers lost both of their games to the Cubs in Wrigley, and apparently back east, near our old home, it's really hot. People were suffering from heat exhaustion. I could have elected to stay home yesterday to watch the game, but I didn't want to be home on the anniversary of your death, Mom. I want to be out living life, being active, having fun. It's what you want for me. I feel it.

In other other news, things are progressing slowly. I did not make as much progress with job search or coding while on breaks from Park and CTU as I would have liked. But I am undaunted. I will keep at it.

Just basically daily chores take a lot of time -- errands, kitchen clean up, watering the lawn and plants, dog care (walks), trash, laundry, and really, I need to find time to do some more cleaning rather than just spot cleaning; I pick up clumps of dog hair when I see them.

I also wanted to assemble my bike -- front tire was removed in the move -- and take it for a spin.

Beyond that, there's not much to report. I am reading as much as I can and have time for. Comic books are a solace. I am reading Nick Harkaway's Gnomon in the traditional way, and I am almost done with Stephen King's latest -- The Outsider -- as my audio book.

Also, I am trying to sit outside for one-three hours a day when the sun is high in the sky and my back porch is actually shady. Today I plan to do some coding while sitting out there.

I have been trying to get more work done during the week, so I have less to do on the weekend. I don't like putting in major hours on the weekend, especially Sunday.

I took off Wednesday from work completely, 100%. I did not check my classes and did zero work. This kind of break rarely happens.

I am not sure what I am going to write tomorrow for the last daily, consecutive Hey Mom post. But I do know that I will be back next week to continue our conversation, Mom, and with some new photos (back to series one).

Did I mention that I am going back to Michigan in August? I am. More on that later. I need to start creating my schedule.

So for now, a reprint of one of my better photo galleries. Lots of variety here.

From -

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/01/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-544-2016.html

Mom looking all Jackie K in convertible
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #544 - 2016, the blog that was, Mom Photos, the other years in pictures - clearing out my folder

Hi Mom,

It's 2017, which marks the start of a second year with out you.

I am clearing out my folder and in a mode of pictures only.

Here's a celebration to you, including pictures of many of your things still in place at the condo you shared with Dad: your cooks books and your cat picture wall.

I love you.

Mom and Dad 39th Wedding Anniversary

MOM and Dad - APX Christmas Formal 5612.14

MOM and Dad - APX Christmas Formal 5712.14

Mom and Dad Cub's Fish Roast 1998

Mom and Delbridge family 11-10-1991

Mom and Grandpa Delbridge 5-23-1998
Mom and us with friends in Wales June 1986


Mom at Turkeyville 2011

Mom Birthday 1998

Mom birthday 1999

Mom birthday dinner Claras BC 10-96

Mom coming down aisle to marry Dad 1958

Mom Lori and Dad 10-9-98-RBT pinned Lori Oshtemo Rotary


Mom Merle Norman Ad-08-1994

Mom metrbt-1997-zoo

Mom stuff 1610.21 taken

Mom stuff 1610.21 taken

Mom stuff 1610.21 taken

Mom stuff 1610.21 taken

Mom with Delbridge Family - June 1986 Lois Graduation Party

Mom's Cat Wall

Mom's Cat Wall

Mom's Cat Wall

Mom's Favorite Mustard

Mom's shirt in my closet

MOM-cbt birthday 2007 001

MOM-in the convertible

Mom-Rykses-Oct-Nov-98

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2010

Brick in Memorial Garden at
Richland Presbyterian Church taken 1610.21 w-dad
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Days ago = 546 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1701.01 - 10:10

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1097 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1807.05 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: