Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1109 - I am Batman - Throwback Thursday 1808.23

four years - three months
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1109 - I am Batman - Throwback Thursday 1808.23

Hi Mom, Okay, here we go. LOTS of pictures in this one, so less text from me. But, some highlights of what I am doing and the usual random stuff.

 last week's Hey Mom #1108 
So, since last I wrote -- last week's Hey Mom #1108 since I skipped the Hey Mom reprint last Sunday -- I did a bunch of things!! Friday was Liesel's birthday (as noted in Sense of Doubt #1274), and her friend Sarah McLaughlin was visiting. We had dinner at Amaro's Table (see photo below in social media). Please note that I misnamed the drink, which is called Rhapsody on a Windy Night after the TS. Eliot poem not Rhapsody at Night as I wrote in the post. I was already drunk before I had a drink!

Saturday I went to see the movie Christopher Robin, on which I am doing a post to be shared soon. I wept pretty hard during that movie. Sunday was Ultimate, though I had wanted to begin my comic hop tour, which had to wait.

Monday I went to New Tech PDX, but first, I started my comic shop tour by going to Floating World Comics. And then at new tech PDX, not only did I meet a cool entrepreneur -- Shiva Farrokhi -- who is launching a start up called in-it.com, which I am REALLY excited about.

Tuesday was devoted to catching up on work, but then a trip down to Interurban for Sarah's last night here.



Wednesday was supposed to be Ultimate but... AIR QUALITY UNHEALTHY -- so nada for the second week in a row, which was fortunate as I was exhausted from getting up early to take Sarah to the airport.

And then today, Thursday, August 23rd, I am going to try to finish my comic book tour and then attend the Python meet up at New Relic. Since I am writing on Friday and sending this entry back in time, I can share photos. I managed only three comic shops -- Comic Cave in Kenton (pictures below are not mine), Cosmic Monkey, and Thing from Another World. Then I grabbed a bite to eat at Sushi Ichiban and attended the Python Meet Up group at New Relic (Careers and Culture link).

In other news, I have landed two part time teaching jobs, even though I have been applying for dev jobs. Though I do not yet have the Concordia University job (I interview Saturday), I have been given an adjunct teaching job at Lower Columbia College.

Meanwhile, I am trying to learn coding, especially Python, such as this Git Hub article  also I joined the Pythonista Cafe.

I am close to finishing Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon as my audio book, but still slowly chugging through Nick Harkaway's Gnomon as my reading book.

Life is good, though full.

Forgot to mention when I first published the next three bits: the trailer for Christopher Robin, some painting used for a You Tube video of a reading of Rhapsody on a Windy Night, and a Twitter message by your friend and mine, the author John Scalzi just because I wanted to keep it and treasure it always.




i don't know who painted this





RECENT SOCIAL MEDIOCRITY






















VARIOUS PHOTOS

THE COMIC BOOK TOUR

First stop, Comic Cave PDX - These are not my photos. Get off the I5 at exit 306, Interstate to Denver south.



http://www.stjohnsopportunity.org/community-calendar/2017/9/23/batman-day-at-comic-cave

Second stop, Cosmic Monkey: Take Lombard - 30B east from Kenton to Cull Blvd. This is how I saw Concordia University and made a note of it to apply and in one day may have landed the job. South on Cully to Sandy BLVD, and then Sandy across to about 54th and Cosmic Monkey, which is a GREAT STORE!! This one may become my  favorite.








Take Sandy down to Braodway, right on Broadway to just past 30th and THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, which is very near Hale Pele, which is the tiki restaurant that has my wife furious.







On Monday, I parked on Couch and 6th to go to Floating World Comics, which is nearly across the street from the arcade Ground Kontrol, where I hope to spend some time and many quarters. I love the indie and alternative vibe of this shop, so I added a small pull there.






I did not take photos when at Bridge City Comics on Tuesday, but I did take a photo with the bag.

http://www.geekportland.com/geek-pages/bridge-city-comics

OH MY!!
CHECK OUT THIS SITE!!!

geek portland
http://www.geekportland.com/





This is just a picture of where I parked to help me remember.


FIFTH AVENUE PORTLAND 









NEW TECH PDX







PYTHON MEET UP - NEW RELIC

I love New Relic and I love Python!






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1146 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1808.23 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

misty morning at my house via Sarah McLaughlin

No comments: