Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1303 - Sat - ART - day, as in art on Saturday

Junk DNA on Facebook

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1303 - Sat - ART - day, as in art on Saturday

Time to clear out more images in the blog folder with another ALL ART SATURDAY.

There's something satisfying even somewhat hypnotic about looking at a series of interesting, thought-provoking, alluring, and often pretty if not evocative images. Here's today's selection with occasional notes or credits.

I tried to limit my selections, but this is a pretty big one.

This first set is a group of "unnamed" images and GIFs.














This is a photo I took.  My friend Wayne Chambliss said it looked like a still from an imaginary adaptation of MOBY DICK by Bela Tarr, which made me smile.



That talk I have to write is a looming Thing in my head. I haven't given a talk about comics in many years. And I work without slides, because I never learned how to do them but I have learned that people show up to talks with slides and then technical issues fuck it all up for them. So I write the talks in advance and read them off a Kindle.

I haven't actually given a prepared talk on any subject in a year or so. This time last year I was doing two in a row, one in Amsterdam and one in Utrecht. I don't think anyone's asked for one since? I may be misremembering. But this year has been so full speed that I wouldn't have fit one in anyway. So I'm a little rusty.

So I need to work out what this talk is about, and I need it to be okay that it's talking about a visual narrative medium -- the usual "dancing about architecture" problem.

It's hard to talk about, say, the utter inspired purity of the last panel in this sequence, where David Lloyd tilts the POV to lend sudden inexorable falling velocity to V going for Almond. But we'll see.


From V for Venedetta

David Jackson, wherever you are -- I once again looked at that short you did with writer Alan Booth back in 1984, and you were mighty.





TOLKIEN MAP




Willie Mays





My work keyboard desktop - St. Antoine - 1701.11



Planet 9

planet forming around a binary star


Preacher - Tula Lotay




Quiet People




Annie Lennox - Savage - Eurthymics


SF classic art 70s Josh Kirby

Sin City Frank Miller The Hard Goodbye







Sushi Dinner 1702.28






SF 1970s John Berkey

Os Tincoãs - Deixa A Gira Girar


CARPET PATTERN OVERLOOK HOTEL THE SHINING


Adrian Tomine





PASCAL BLANCHE


















Noodle via Sarah 1808.17

Noodle via Sarah 1808.20


rosette_noFOV

Rowan Tree Building


Hulk Eats Defenders 89 Perlin-Marcos

Hyogo Japan godive2000 via Ellis





Icarus - Vision

Ideas Can Change the World


Infomocracy_null-states-crop-camera

Injection 13







Jack Kirby by Michael Golden


Jon Juarez_home

jON jUAREZ-bEIJING

Julie Newmar



JACK KIRBY IMAGES






Kitty Pryde - Mark Brooks



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1809.15 - 10:10

- Days ago =  1169 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: