Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1157 - Pistons-Blazers - 1903.23 - thoughts pt.2

 Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1157 - Pistons-Blazers - 1903.23 - thoughts pt.2 - a sense of doubt post #1493

Hi Mom, One of these posts with thoughts needed to be to you. This is the only one this week, but I have to have one or two a week. That's my rule for myself.

We're blurry and not because we had been drinking.

I am not going to apologize for doing things that I would label as selfcare.

Since I am writing this from the future, Tuesday March 26th, I can attest that I barely finished the grades due yesterday by the 2 p.m. deadline and did not manage to put enough of a dent in the other work for the day that needed to be done.

But that's okay.

I took time out of my schedule on Saturday to go see the Pistons ALMOST beat the Trailblazers at the Moda with my friend Lynse, seen above.

It was my first trip to the Moda Center, and it makes up for wanting to go last year when the Pistons were in town and failing to [a] have a wing who would go with me and [b] find the time. Many things have changed since last year, and I am so much happier for those changes.

And we took the Max train to the arena, which is GENIUS. Easy in and easy out. We probably spent no more time than we would have to find parking and drive, and we saved money as parking costs more than the train. We even managed to get on the train right after exiting the Moda. I was worried that there would be such a crowd, we would have to wait for the second or even third train. But not the case.

I like the concessions at the Moda. I had a poke bowl and then some kettle corn. I could have done without the latter. I should have had the tamales (Tamale Boy).

I did not have the pizza featured in the sign (Sizzle Pie), but I liked the sign.

And, damn, the Pistons ALMOST won, losing at the very end. Not a buzzer beater but losing their lead in the last two minutes.

There were many BAD possessions late in the fourth quarter. Bad shot choices. Not good looks. Not makeable. They needed points in the paint and settled for jumpers with defenders tangled up in their grills or even a shot clock violation. Though I like Reggie Jackson and he has stepped up his game, he needs to go. We'd do fine with Ish Smith. We need a facilitator. Blake Griffin usually has more assists than Reggie.

I miss Chauncey.





Look at that city!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1358 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1903.23 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: