Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1218 (SoD #2136) - 2000 Days Ago and POMPLAMOOSE CHRISTMAS

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1218 (SoD #2136) - 2000 Days Ago and POMPLAMOOSE CHRISTMAS

INAUGURATION COUNTDOWN

28 DAYS to inauguration


Hi Mom, 

This blog entry is late due to Christmas shopping, wrapping, and general preparations.

To you, Mom, this will not seem strange or wrong. Christmas is a big deal, even in a pandemic, even for just the two of us in person, though presents and cookies had to be wrapped and decorated (wrapping presents and decorating cookies) for delivery.

To others, it may seem unhealthy to acknowledge this milestone, 2000 days since you died, Mom, which coincidentally and fatefully occurs just before Christmas five years later. After all, one well meaning friend told me to stop writing my grief blog after just 80 days, even though if she had been reading the blog, even fewer than three months after you died, it was more about me leaving and less about you, Mom, dying, or my grief about you dying.

And now, it's 2000 days since July 4th, 2015. And I am still doing the daily gig; however, I have retired this, the HEY MOM feature, as a daily gig. I now only write you, Mom, once in a while because the emphasis is surely on living life these days and not dwelling on grief.

I find it strange how my grief and how much I miss you, Mom, has become absorbed into my life as simply a fact of existence and not a white hot pain.

I still think of you, often, Mom.

I think of you a lot when I do Mom things, like cooking, laundry, cleaning, and holiday preparations.

But then I also think of you when I put in action the values you taught me to be kind to others, to be loving, to not return evil for evil, which is especially hard when there are Trump-loving brain damaged zombies trolling my social media accounts and writing poisonous shit on them. One in particular, the woman who I took to the senior prom, seems personally offended when I laud either Biden or Harris in anyway. It's childish. I want to be childish in return. But I do not. Though I have taken to deleting comments that I just want to make go away rather than returning fire.

Anyway, I think of you in these times, Mom, and I am trying to be a good person. It can be a struggle, though I think I manage fairly well.

For my other dear readers, who are not you, Mom, thanks for tuning in, and here's some CHRISTMAS joy from my new favorite band, Pomplamoose.

Happy merry.

POMPLAMOOSE

#Pomplamoose #ACharlieBrownChristmas #ChristmasMusic

Charlie Brown Christmas Mashup // Vince Guaraldi // POMPLAMOOSE

•Dec 10, 2020

PomplamooseMusic


PomplamooseMusic CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST


Our album ‘Invisible People’ is now available EVERYWHERE! http://pomplamoose.com


Charlie Brown Christmas was a staple of my childhood. Thought it would be cool to combine a couple of Guaraldi's classics to achieve ultimate nostalgia. The different time signatures made it tricky...high-fiving Ben Rose (producer and drummer) for helping me accomplish this mission. 

A mashup of Vince Guaraldi's "Christmas Time Is Here" & "Linus and Lucy" from "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

MUSICIANS

Lead Vocals: Nataly Dawn

Keys: Jack Conte

Guitar: Brian Green

Upright Bass: Nick Campbell 

Drums: Ben Rose

Background Vocals: Loren Battley


AUDIO CREDITS

Engineer: Tim Sonnefeld 

Assistant Engineer: Trent Slatton

Mixing/Mastering: Caleb Parker

Producer: Ben Rose


VIDEO CREDITS

Director: George Sloan

DP: Ricky Chavez

Camera Operators: Merlin Showalter, Sammy Rothman, Ricky Chavez

Video Editor: Dominic Mercurio


Recorded at Stagg Street Studio in Los Angeles.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 2000 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2012.23 - 10:10


NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

No comments: