Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 1, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2204 - The Logical Song is not Logical - MUSICAL MONDAY FOR 2103.01 - THAT ONE THING

 

https://wolc.com/watch--listen/sermon-archives/finding-god-in-the-music-the-logical-song-supertramp/

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2204 - The Logical Song is not Logical - MUSICAL MONDAY FOR 2103.01  - THAT ONE THING


Still in catch up mode.

Not ketchup mode.

Catching up mode.

Even in this cover of the Supertramp song "The Logical Song" by Pomplamoose, listening to the song invokes a WEIRD mood that I cannot describe.

There's melancholy to it, but it's not really melancholy.

There's nostalgia because it always takes me back to the late 1970s when I discovered it, and I was establishing my musical tastes.

I cannot describe the feeling but listen to the song and see if you feel it, too.

Regardless, it is one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME.

And the Pomplamoose cover is awesome.

Here's a recent post by me that features many POMPLAMOOSE songs and pictures, including this song:

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2176 - Shower Mix 2021- Musical Monday for 2102.01


"Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am
Who I am
Who I am..."


The Logical Song | Supertramp | Pomplamoose
837,846 views•Aug 20, 2020




Our album "Invisible People" is now available EVERYWHERE! http://www.pomplamoose.com


A cover of "The Logical Song" by Pomplamoose.

CREDITS

Lead Vocals: Nataly Dawn
Keys: Jack Conte
Synthesizer: Dave Mackay
Guitar: Brian Green 
Bass: Nick Campbell
Drums: Ben Rose
Background Vocals: Nahneen Kula
Engineer: Tim Sonnefeld 
Assistant Engineer: Branko Presley
Mixing/Mastering: Yianni AP
Producer: Brian Green
Video Director: George Sloan
DP: Ricky Chavez
Camera Operators: Merlin Showalter, Sammy Rothman, George Sloan, Ricky Chavez
Video Editor: Dominic Mercuri


"The Logical Song"
Lyrics

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle
Oh, it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, oh playfully, watching me
But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
Then they showed me a world where I could be so dependable (dependable)
Oh clinical, intellectual, cynical
There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am
I said, Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical (a radical)
Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable
Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable, oh, oh, oh
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
But at night, when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am
Who I am
Who I am
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
It's logical
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
So very logical
D-d-dependable (ooh, ooh, ooh)
It's logical
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, goodbye
So very logical (ooh, ooh, ooh)
Oh, logical
It's logical
D-d-dependable
Source: Musixmatch



The Logical Song | Supertramp 






Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

The Logical Song · Supertramp

Supertramp - The Very Best Of

℗ 1979 UMG Recordings, Inc.

Released on: 1990-01-01

Producer: Supertramp
Producer, Studio  Personnel, Engineer: Peter Henderson
Studio  Personnel, Asst.  Recording  Engineer: Lenise Bent
Studio  Personnel, Engineer: Jeff Harris
Associated  Performer, Programming: Gary Mielke
Associated  Performer, Vocalist, Keyboards: Rick Davies
Associated  Performer, Vocalist, Keyboards, Guitar: Roger Hodgson
Associated  Performer, Woodwinds: John A. Helliwell
Associated  Performer, Bass  Guitar: Dougie Thomson
Associated  Performer, Drums: Bob C Benberg
Studio  Personnel, Engineer: Russel Pope
Composer  Lyricist: Roger Hodgson
Composer  Lyricist: Rick Davies







LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.

I am so behind as I type this (2103.06 for a post date and time stamped 2103.01 10:10). So I am just going with simple posts or already finished shares or school stuff until I get not just caught up but pull ahead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2103.01 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2068 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: