Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2408 - BACK TO CAMPUS: First day of School, Daily Schedules are Hard, Back to Blog Vacation until October 15th



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2408 - BACK TO CAMPUS: First day of School, Daily Schedules are Hard, Back to Blog Vacation until October 15th


Hello.

Yesterday, I returned from my 20-day blog summer vacation when I was supposedly going to write every day on various fiction projects for at least 15 minutes, get ahead on original content blogs, prepare for the start of LCC school while concurrently facilitating classes at Park University, and get some much needed R&R self-care time.

All of that did not happen as I planned. Too much work, too MANY MEETINGS, and so only some of those goas were achieved.

I had planned to take off from work -- except for minimal Park work -- the entire Labor Day weekend from Friday 2109.03 through Monday 2109.06. And though I did only work partial days, I pretty much worked every one of those days for at least an hour or two if not longer.

I managed to have SOME selfcare R&R time during my blog vacation but not enough, and it was all "stay-cation." I feel in desperate need of GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I worked way too much.

I did not work ahead on blogs of original content as planned.

I wrote some fiction but not enough and not daily.

But I did catch up on all my outstanding critiques for the writing workshop I took. I invested productive and smart time in preparation for Fall quarter 2021 but not enough time, and so I am facing a serious and crushing weight of that work as it hovers above me.

And though I came out of blog vacation yesterday with a new and original post, a new BACK TO SCHOOL music mix and a collection of all four of the versions of the "Everybody Knows" musical mixes, I quickly fell off the wagon again.

I am writing this post on Saturday 2109.25 and back dating it to Tuesday 2109.23.

For a few days, I stubbornly held fast to the idea that the blog vacation was over and that I was back to daily posting of if not original content, then curated content, and all the weekly features, and just my usual mode of operation.

But this week has kicked my butt. So many things, doing as much as I can but it's not enough.

And so last night after walking the dogs, because despite all the things, this job was only skipped once, I realized that the smart thing to do is to go back into the vacation mode.

What does "vacation mode" mean to a daily blog that still is published daily?

A daily schedule is a grind.

Given how much I work, it is almost impossible to the kind of daily completely original content that I want to do.

And so, some would ask, then why be daily?

I have found that the daily schedule keeps me producing and that I can benefit, as I am here, from Blogger allowing me to post backwards in time, so even when four days go by without blog entries, which is the current status (and my worst is ten days), then I can catch up.

And in theory, the more easy posts I do of simple shares, THAT ONE THING, reprints, and so on, I can bank time for more complex posts filled with original content. I have current plans to blog more originally about growth mindset, my top five rock 'n roll bands of all time, fighting misinformation, how many republicans are wrong about Critical Race Theory, the truth of Antifa, whether JK Rowling is really a terf, and an emphatic plea to cancel the phrase "it is what it is" from he lexicon.

AND SO, I feel I can better meet these goals -- and find time for some fiction writing and to get in a regular groove -- catch up on email, get ahead on the blog, and finish my school work, if I take another blog vacation in which I rotate a simple share, a reprint, and THAT ONE THING.

I do have three posts currently planned that are outside the blog vacation -- two music posts and a post about upcoming film of Dune. If I hold to this schedule, these posts will be published 09/27, 09/29, and 10/04 respectively.

Thank you for reading.

Back to LOW POWER MODE for another 20 days.






Blog Vacation 2021 Post 21
In this blog vacation, I am alternating between reprints, shares with little to no commentary, and THAT ONE THING, which is an image from the folder with a few thoughts scribbled along with it. I am alternating these three modes for twenty days, pre-publishing the posts, and not pushing any of them to social media.

LOW POWER MODE: I sometimes put the blog in what I call LOW POWER MODE. If you see this note, the blog is operating like a sleeping computer, maintaining static memory, but making no new computations. If I am in low power mode, it's because I do not have time to do much that's inventive, original, or even substantive on the blog. This means I am posting straight shares, limited content posts, reprints, often something qualifying for the THAT ONE THING category and other easy to make posts to keep me daily. That's the deal. Thanks for reading.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2109.21 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2292 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: