Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, November 7, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2455 - Black Hammer and more: WHAT I AM READING


A Sense of Doubt blog post #2455 - Black Hammer and more: WHAT I AM READING






Here's the books I have been reading lately. I have been trying to whittle down my stacks of unread graphic novels on top of my dresser. I have made some headway with sixteen some graphic novels in the last few months as this grid probably reaches back to either late July or early August.

I am on a DUNE kick. I re-read via audio the first book for the fifth or sixth time, finished Dune Messiah, and I am onto Children of Dune now. I am definitely moving on to God Emperor of Dune next, but whether I keep going to the other Frank Herbert books let alone the ones past that, I am undecided. EVENTUALLY, I would like to read them all, but I also wanted to go on to re-read those I have and read those I have not in the FOUNDATION series and watch the TV show.

I also have other books gnawing at my will power, such as Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir and The Actual Star by Monica Byrne.

And I have two-three just-text books I am reading, such as my friend Suzanne Kamata's The Baseball Widow but I am not making much headway between comics, graphic novels, and I should re-read Watchmen because we're working with it in class.

Next quarter, I am teaching V for Vendetta and Persepolis. Change of pace.

I loved Stray Dogs and the Batman EARTH ONE books. The RECKLESS Brubaker/Phillips books are also great, and the third volume just arrived. I am currently reading through GIDEON FALLS.

However, I am so pleased that I finally got around to reading the first volume of THE BLACK HAMMER. WOW. Just WOW. It's fucking brilliant. Just amazingly brilliant. I may have to read all of it and soon but not until after I finish GIDEON FALLS, which is also written by Lemire.

Happy reading Sunday!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/3144/black-hammer-reading-guide






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2111.07 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2319 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: