Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2528 - MY BIRTHDAY 2022



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2528 - MY BIRTHDAY 2022

Above is a picture of me from the before times, before the pandemic, when we could go out to dinner and get pictures of ourselves taken to celebrate our birthdays. I like this picture of me. That's the Columbia River behind me, from the Vancouver side, before we eat dinner at a place called TWIGS. It's from 2019.

In 2020, I had a nice lunch at Thai Orchid and then went and saw the Rise of Skywalker. My birthday was on a Sunday. I am not sure if I did this birthday thing alone or not.

So, this year. No outing on my birthday. I was going to conference with students, but I postponed because two classes and some conferences on Tuesday wiped me out.

So, maybe the highlight of my birthday was taking a rest and a short nap.

I have been ill. I was still pretty ill on my birthday, but I am writing this text from the future on Sunday 2201.23.

I was exposed to Covid, developed symptoms, moved all my in-person classes online, got tested, felt crappy, struggled to work, and on my birthday, I found out I was negative for Covid!! Yay!!





Even though the prevailing wisdom is that we are ALL GOING TO GET COVID, especially with the increased contagiousness of the Omicron variant, that does not mean I actually WANT to have Covid.

I mean, I think I am pretty healthy, especially for my age. And yet, a fair number of  healthy people have died from Covid. I would really rather not take the risk, even though many claim that Omicrom is less severe than the previous variants and the original Covid.

We did go out for dinner Saturday, since I am writing from the future, I can share that we did not that we hope or plan to go.

That's all for this one.

I am still trying to catch up on work and on my blog.

Here's a couple of things...

FROM A READER and FORMER STUDENT: 


Thank you for all of the mental nutrition you share on your blog. I’ve recently been dubbed the Title VI coordinator for the County. I’ve got a bit of a fight before me to really share and embrace the DEI atmosphere, but it can and will be done. Your blogs give much needed fortitude. Keep it coming! (And thank you!)






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2201.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2392 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: