Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2983 - elegance in writing - death series


A Sense of Doubt blog post #2983 - elegance in writing - death series

Last year, I did a series of posts after reading Advice for Future Corpses by Sallie Tisdale, a favorite author who I brought to LCC for the NW Voices program.

I wanted to capture key ideas from the book and also feature the writing, which I consider elegant, well-composed, and smartly presented.

The picture above is from the Infinity Burial Project post. It shows a mushroom suit for a corpse.

I want to be buried in a mushroom suit.

I have a death series category on the blog, but I wanted to make a post that collected all the entries so I could recommend the series to students and others more easily than a category in which the posts are displayed from newest to oldest (so not in order).

I also want to do three more series on other books I have read recently, so if you are an avid reader of my blog (maybe two people), please watch for those series coming soon.

Here's the DEATH series.

Thanks for tuning in.

DEATH SERIES - Elegance in Writing

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2842 - Death Series #001 - Cremation

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2843 - Death Series #002 - Exposure - Towers of Silence - an honorable end

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2844 - Death Series #003 - Beating-Heart Cadaver

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2845 - Death Series #004 - The Infinity Burial Project

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2846 - Death Series #005 - Compassion Means to Suffer with Another

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2847 - Death Series #006 - Cremation - Like Pentecostal Tongues

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2849 - Death Series #007 - Maggots

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2850 - Death Series #008: Don't Offer Advice

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2851 - Death Series #009: Burial at Sea

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2852 - Death Series #010: the POLST



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2304.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2847 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: