Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1238 (SoD #2919) - Mom Liked Romance





Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1238 (SoD #2919) -  Mom Liked Romance

Hi Mom, 

I haven't written to you in some time. After I stopped the HEY MOM daily feature, I pledged to write a HEY MOM post once a week, and then that shifted to occasionally as in by occasion, like holidays and memorable days, and then in 2022, I only wrote three: One on Jan 27th for the 2400th day since your death, one on May 8th for Mother's Day, and one in August for the Mani Mantra pendant I bought to wear some of your ashes around my neck.

I think I developed a reticence for HEY MOM posts, as if I was worried that people would judge me for clinging to this occupation of writing to you, a judgement for which I had previously given zero fucks.

This is a new thing because in 2021 I did 14 of the HEY MOM posts, and in 2020, I published 26 of them. I stopped the daily HEY MOM posts on July 6th, 2018, three years to the day that I started publishing them.

This is my first HEY MOM of 2023.

I have had this one on the books for a long time. I had planned to do more with it in describing what drew you to romance novels and stories, Mom, and why. I saw a talk last week on romance novels, and the answers are simple: everyone deserves love and the stories always end happily, as in the lead characters that are "meant to be together" are together.

I suspect that structure of romance is part of the attraction for you, Mom, and for many.

The speaker last week sharing about romance novels claimed that reading them helped her combat depression. Maybe the same was true of you, Mom, more so if you had made more time for reading. Shopping cured your depression more than romance novels.

Thanks for tuning in, today, reader.

Thanks, Mom. I also feel strongly about love and romance because of you.

I decided to share some of Matt Baker's covers from the romance comics of the 1940s and 1950s.

https://pencilink.blogspot.com/


























+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2302.14 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2783 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: