Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #860 - David Byrne - One Year Later - Musical Monday 1711.13


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #860 - David Byrne - One Year Later - Musical Monday 1711.13

Hi Mom, Thank you to David Byrne for today's mix.

Wow, writing that sentence almost sounds like I know him personally.

I do get his newsletter and he likes to do musical mixes.

Find here, the set list, some of David's thoughts on "one year later" -- a year with the lunatic Trump in the White House -- and one break out track, which also happened to be featured in the TV show (HBO) Big Little Lies.

I just had a close friend post on Facebook about why he is not paying much attention to social media because of how fucked up the world is.

I agree. My friend, I agree. Slut shaming fourteen year old girls? Everyone we know is sexual attacker or serial rapist?

That sucks. And there's no appropriate way to respond and untangle all that shit.

We need a cure-all, a balm, a poultice.

Lance the boil.

So here's a bunch of great music mixed by a great musician and artist.

And so... it's Monday. Musical Monday.



http://davidbyrne.com/radio/david-byrne-presents-one-year-later

One Year Later
The presidential election in the U.S. was a year ago. These are some of the pop songs I’ve been listening to in recent months as this strange anniversary approaches. These are artists who for the most part are working in the world and format of contemporary popular music but are often pushing at the boundaries of what that means. Some of them are pushing quite hard, trying to rewrite the rules. Others more or less accept the rules and accept the challenge of working within those restrictions.
I listen to this music while I’m cooking, which I do occasionally—slicing and chopping goes well with music. I also listen when I’m commuting to work down the west side Hudson River Park on my bike (I’ve been working all October on a theater workshop on Governors Island—it might be a year or so before more news). There’s no traffic on the bike path, so I feel pretty safe listening and even singing along on the ride back uptown.
Back to the election—something tells me some of this music relates to how these artists are feeling in the world these days. The tone can be hopeful, yearning and is often a source of solace.
David Byrne NYC






DAVID BYRNE PRESENTS: ONE YEAR LATER

BY DAVID BYRNE
SongArtistPurchase
AsidoPurity RingAmazon
Cold Little HeartMichael KiwanukaAmazon
DesperatelySam DewAmazon
DomaZola JesusAmazon
I Give You Power (feat. Mavis Staples)Arcade FireAmazon
If You're HereCorneliusAmazon
New York [Explicit]St. VincentAmazon
Only God Knows (feat. Leight Congregational Choir)Young FathersAmazon
PielArcaAmazon
PleasureFeistAmazon
ProviderFrank OceanAmazon
ComplicityArto LindsayAmazon
All This TimeJonathan CoultonAmazon
AnocheArcaAmazon
Bike DreamRostamAmazon
Each To EachArto LindsayAmazon
EnigmaJlinAmazon
Everything NowArcade FireAmazon
ExhumedZola JesusAmazon
In Cold Blood [Explicit]alt-JAmazon
LOWYoung FathersAmazon
Slip AwayPerfume GeniusAmazon
Sober [Explicit]LordeAmazon
I PromiseRadioheadAmazon
Keep The devil OffBig K.R.I.T.Amazon
Die YoungSylvan EssoAmazon
Just Like LovePerfume GeniusAmazon
OatmealSudan ArchivesAmazon
Radio [Explicit]Sylvan EssoAmazon
GET UPYoung FathersAmazon
Kick Jump TwistSylvan EssoAmazon
LiabilityLordeAmazon
Los AgelessSt. VincentAmazon
ReincarnationSam DewAmazon
Just A GirlMHYSAAmazon
Last Yearalt-JAmazon
Seu PaiArto LindsayAmazon
CorajeArcaAmazon
NestYoung FathersAmazon
Pleaderalt-JAmazon
Snoopies [Explicit]De La Soul feat. David Byrne - and the Anonymous NobodyAmazon
Up All NightBeckAmazon
UnpairArto LindsayAmazon
Dreams [Explicit]BeckAmazon
DrawnDe La Soul feat. Little Dragon - and the Anonymous NobodyAmazon
MielArcaAmazon
We Don't Deserve LoveArcade FireAmazon
Sober II (Melodrama)LordeAmazon
The Pure and the Damned (feat. Iggy Pop)Oneohtrix Point NeverAmazon




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = ## days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - time

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: