Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #873 - Cannon Beach - A Day at the Coast

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #873 - Cannon Beach - A Day at the Coast

Hi Mom,

On the last full day that Ivan and Will were staying with us, we drove over to the Pacific Ocean and down to Cannon Beach.

To the left, there's a great photo of our immediate family though Will and Adam (also with us) are defacto members of our family, and we're very close with them.

This was an important day for us as a family because other than Thanksgiving it was the only thing we all did together. It was the only thing we did outside the home all together, and I needed to get out of the home. Working at home as I do, and taking care of the dogs, I spend a lot of time at home.

I am more isolated up in Woodland than I was in Kalamazoo. It's easy enough to get out, but not easy to get into Vancouver or Portland for any length of time because of work and the dogs, and so I begin to feel a little like a shut in. It's a situation I am working to change. So, it was great to break away from the work-pet-laundry-home cycle and get out, if just for the drive alone. But even better are the people (and puppies) I spent the day with and the power of the Pacific Ocean. It's majestic, and claiming that it's majestic does not do it justice.

It was a good day.

We happened to time the rain just right. It more or less stopped raining as we hit the beach, and by the time it started to rain again in earnest, we had seen enough and taken enough pictures.

The dogs were run about a lot and stuck their noses in everything.

On the way home, we ate at Ruby's Roadside Grill in Seaside, OR, and they even have a dog menu. The dogs each had a chicken breast. Satchel almost bit me in her excitement to eat her chicken in one massive gulp.

But for us, Ruby's has tremendously delicious burgers. Really an outstanding place. A serve yourself style diner with beer and wine, so that's a bonus. Also, amazing CHOWDER.

This video below is just sounds of the waves. But the ocean's susurrus is very calming.

Following the ocean waves are many sundry photos of our family afternoon at Cannon Beach. Some are candid shots of various family members with the dogs. Others are just the waves or the great rock at this particular beach.




















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago =  875 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1711.26 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: