Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1017 - The Fantastic Four RETURN!




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1017 - The Fantastic Four RETURN!

Hi Mom,

I have been wanting to return to posting more content about comic books, which is one of my staple features, but I have been remiss. I have many comic book posts in the works, so I wanted a quick one. Here it is, though it's not quite breaking news today as it's about three weeks old.

I can't always jump on the "breaking news" thing. But I did spot this news item on the day it was announced as my friend George Gene Gustines works at the New York Times and has the enviable job of writing about comic books for the most esteemed paper in the country. I met "Gus" through fandom, and I have kept in touch with him for over 20 years, fueled on recently by social media. I share his article here on the return of the Fantastic Four, Marvel Comics' first family of heroes with due credit (though not permission from the paper - so please don't sue me NY Times).

When Marvel stopped publishing the Fantastic Four comic in 2015, I was devastated -- though let's have perspective on "devastation" of the comic book variety is more like mile disappointment compared to, say, the death of a loved one. I figured the cessation of publication of the Fantastic Four

But now, as I read this article, I discover that Marvel may have ceased publication of its flagship title, the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, the much loved Fantastic Four because it (and Disney) did not own the film rights to the characters and did not want to promote properties that benefit another company (Fox). With the new re-organization of properties in this billion dollar marketplace, Marvel resumes publication of my favorite Marvel comic and possibly my favorite comic of all time: The Fantastic Four.

FANTASTIC FOUR RESOURCES 





FANTASTIC FOUR WIKIPEDIA

The Wiki entry contains a great examination of who created the Fantastic Four Stan then Jack, Jack then Stan, or both Stan and Jack concurrently. It's worth a look if you're interested. I have too much content on this page to explore it at this time. :-)

...and just because.... (actually I might add my own review of this one later).

Oh, how I have missed you First Family. It's Clobberin' Time!!

Here's two links to some of my previous FANTASTIC FOUR content in case this entry is not enough reading for you.

MY OLDEST -
 http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/03/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-624-my.html

MY MAIN FANTASTIC FOUR POST - 
http://365-tshirts.blogspot.com/2014/02/t-shirt-344-fantastic-four-logo-printed.html

I wish there was more advance art released so far. So, to compensate, I am going to pull some cover art out and end with a gallery, but I am going to do it by grabbing some content that I don't currently have saved to my hard drive.

Some background and then the aforementioned NY Times article by my friend George.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/29/the-fantastic-four-return-to-marvel-comics

The currently running Marvel 2-in-1 series features Thing and Human Torch searching for Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman and their children, so it looks like they will be successful in their mission. That series will continue to run alongside Fantastic Four.

and http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/24/fantastic-four-reboot/

Reed and Sue Richards are believed by most inhabitants of the Marvel Universe to have died nobly, sacrificing themselves to stop the final cataclysmic incursion of another world into Earth-616. In truth, the Fantastic Four did not stop the incursion. Instead, Doctor Doom recreated the universe as Battleworld and ruled it as a monarch (see the Secret Wars event for details). However, the Fantastic Four and the other heroes of the Marvel Universe were able to defeat Doom. While most of the heroes returned home to the remade Marvel Universe, Reed, Sue, Valeria, and Franklin – along with the other children who were part of the Future Foundation – stayed outside of the universe in order to help remake and bring order to the Multiverse.
Since then, the Thing has been a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and an agent of SHIELD while the Human Torch has been an Avenger and a liaison to the Inhumans. Those storylines recently concluded and the two wayward members of the Fantastic Four reunited only to find that their powers are fading.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/books/fantastic-four-marvel-return.html

The Return of the Fantastic Four





Welcome back, Fantastic Four! A video on Thursday about some of Marvel Entertainment’s upcoming comics included a silhouetted image of the Fantastic Four, signaling their return to a monthly series beginning in August. The series will be written by Dan Slott and drawn by Sara Pichelli.
For those not steeped in comic book lore, the team features Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman, who are married; the Human Torch, who is her brother; and The Thing, a family friend. The previous Fantastic Four series ended in April 2015 and in a story published in January 2016, the married couple set off to explore the cosmos with their children, while the other half of the team remained on Earth. “We always knew the Fantastic Four would come back,” C. B. Cebulski, the editor in chief of Marvel, said in an interview. “We were waiting for the right time and the right creative team to bring them back.”
Mr. Slott said the Fantastic Four were in the first comics he ever read back when Stan Lee and Jack Kirby had the team meet the cosmic entity Galactus in 1965. “I started my adventures in the Marvel Universe with a freaked-out Reed Richards, the Watcher and the Silver Surfer,” Mr. Slott recalled. “I’ve wanted this for so long.”


Ms. Pichelli was excited about working on the series, but coy. “I can’t wait to draw a lot of the characters, but there’s one in particular I can’t reveal yet,” she said in an email interview. “You will know why they’re my favorite when you read the book!”

Mr. Slott will complete a 10-year-run writing Spider-Man this summer. He is envisioning writing at least 55 issues for the Fantastic Four, which would get the heroes to issue No. 700 (using comic book math, which stitches together three previous series). Fans should be used to these types of shenanigans. Captain America, for example, will reach issue 700 in April, only to be followed up by a new No. 1 in July written by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Though there was an in-story reason the Fantastic Four were no longer together, there was a lot of speculation as to real-world reasons for the series’ end. The comics news and rumor site Bleeding Cool endlessly chronicled the belief that it was canceled over film rights. The question: Why would Marvel support and promote characters in its comics that would only benefit another film studio? (The rights to the Fantastic Four in film belong to Fox Studios.)


“I think it’s pretty common knowledge at this point that Marvel isn’t publishing Fantastic Four because of their disagreement with Fox,” Jonathan Hickman, who wrote the “Secret Wars” story that temporarily broke up the team, said in an interview last August on the comics news site Newsarama. In the same interview, Mr. Hickman said that to bring back the Fantastic Four, “Disney probably needs to buy Fox.” That possibility is now in the works.

A version of this article appears in print on , on Page C3 of the New York edition with the headline: It’s Clobberin’ Time: Fantastic Four to ReturnOrder Reprints | Today’s Paper | Subscribe






COVER GALLERY




















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1019 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1804.18 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.


No comments: