Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, May 6, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3000 - 3000 daily and consecutive posts!


A Sense of Doubt blog post #3000 - 3000 daily and consecutive posts!

So, this feels like a milestone worthy of note.

I have reached 3000 consecutive daily posts in the Sense of Doubt blog.

Though, actually, that's not quite true, but it's close enough.

I had some posts before I started HEY MOM on July 6th, 2015.

And then when David Bowie died, I was doing two posts a day for a while.

Still, I have published 3000 posts and most of them have been consecutive and daily.

Lately, I have done a lot of shares, reprints, and THAT ONE THING because of time. I do not have a lot of time to devote to the blog. Gone are the days in which I work on one post ALL DAY as I did some times with the T-Shirts blog.

Nevertheless, I am trying to mix it up with original content and fewer "lazy" posts.

I am also determined to publish many of the posts that are on the schedule and have been for years. I just published one of those yesterday on misinformation. It's probably been in the works for two years. I have a few others of its kind coming up, but I am trying to space them out as posts with more original content take time.

I did a wise thing with yesterday's post. Once I felt I had enough content, I moved the remaining planned content out to a future post. Short is better.

I also do not look at stats so much anymore. I get a lot of views from bots, so I am not sure how many clicks are readers or even just quick viewers and which are bots.

But check these out



I am not sure what I was doing last year that kept my averages in the 300-500 views a day range and then that spike on 2301.09 at 1830 views and another on 2302.10 at 974 views, but after that spike, it all crashed to 20-150 views a day with some increased activity in April-May (high of 348 on April 29th).

See, I do not look at stats because I am not monetizing, and I don't care. I am doing this blog for me. If you happen to like it, too, that pleases me. I cannot say the blog is NEVER for readers. I do think about 
my readers, all two of them, but mainly, I am doing what I want and exploring what I want.

As I have said many times, this is blog is not my teaching, it's my study.

I am far more concerned about the number of views on videos I make for students than on my blog.

I have in the works, a post called "will I ever stop daily blogging." Today the answer is still "no." Tomorrow that could change but so far I have kept a daily blogging schedule (and catch up when I get behind) from 2013-2014 for the T-Shirts blog and then starting July 6th 2015, two days after my Mom died, with three years of HEY MOM, 70 some DAILY BOWIE, and then SENSE OF DOUBT ever since now totaling 3000 distinct posts (despite some reprint repeats).

I like it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2305.06 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2864 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: