Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #636 - Voodoo In My Blood - Musical Monday for 1704.03


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #636 - Voodoo In My Blood - Musical Monday for 1704.03

Hi Mom,

Welcome to another edition of things you would not really care about but would pretend to care about because I care about them, and you love me, Mom.

This is another in a series of playlists built while I hang out in the Star Trek rooms in Sangren and study Calculus, mainly, but also do various work things.

This one started with the startling eponymous track "Voodoo In My Blood" by trip hop pioneers Massive Attack and the hottest band in Scotland, if not the world, Young Fathers.

This video is amazing and very cinematic. It plays like a short film.

It's based on Andrzej Żuławski's 1981 film Posession, which was banned in the UK until 1999. I will share a video clip of the inspiring scene as well as a link to the entire film at the end of today's blog entry.

The video is chilling. I included several stills and one GIF from it. Wow.

Also, this edition of Musical Monday and its playlist was built mainly with the Google Algorithm that suggests other videos based on the viewing habits of other people who watched "Voodoo In My Blood." Pretty much all the music is new to me, but I did dump in some other tunes, such as Gabriel's "Rhythm of the Heat." There's a little incongruity here (Ed Sheeran), but I like it.

I kept to 13 videos, though I was trying to keep to 10. That's so tough.

I am still on my Sevdaliza kick, expect that to continue.

So multiples with Sevdaliza, Massive Attack, and Young Fathers.

I think it's a good set.

Feeling rather possessed this days as I try to cope, like the rest of you, with the State of the Hate Nation.

White men suck. I know. I am one.

I will let the music do the rest of my talking for me.

VOODOO IN MY BLOOD PLAYLIST ON YOU TUBE

PLAYLIST TO ALL MUSICAL MONDAYS MUSIC

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30051/1/the-cult-inspirations-behind-massive-attack-s-new-video

http://pitchfork.com/news/63707-massive-attack-and-young-fathers-share-sinister-voodoo-in-my-blood-video-starring-rosamund-pike/

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/massive-attack-recruit-rosamund-pike-for-haunting-new-video-20160223

MASSIVE ATTACK & YOUNG FATHERS - "Voodoo In My Blood"













DOPE LEMON - "Honey Bones"



FKA TWIGS - "Water Me"



SEVDALIZA - That Other Girl"



PETER GABRIEL - The Rhythm of the Heat"



ED SHEERAN - Thinking Out Loud"



MASSIVE ATTACK - "The Spoils" featuring Hope Sandoval



MASSIVE ATTACK & AZEKEL - "Ritual Spirit"



THIS MORTAL COIL - "Song to the Siren"



CHVRCHES - "Clearest Blue"



SEVDALIZA - "Marilyn Monroe"



YOUNG FATHERS - "Shame"



YOUNG FATHERS - "Low"












JOY DIVISION - "She's Lost Control"



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 638 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1704.03

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: