Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #650 - COSMIC DRIFT - Musical Monday for 1704.17

https://www.discogs.com/artist/5689949-Cosmic-Drift
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #650 - COSMIC DRIFT - Musical Monday for 1704.10

Hi Mom,

Given that it is sunny and warm outside, I should post songs about sunshine, but I already had this post planned and had named it "Cosmic Drift" because I came across the phrase as I was assembling the songs.

In part, today's playlist is a hodge podge (or a gallimaufry as I tell my students, as it's one of our words of the day). Today's list is a bit of a mixture. The Keke Palmer song really stands out as one that does not fit, but listen to it and watch the video. I think it relates to our drift theme in some ways.

Fink and James Blake may also seem off the path, so I tried for more unity with two Thievery Corporation tunes and that GREAT slowed version of "Rachel's Song." I love this space ambient stuff. In fact, I love it so much that I found a 125 track playlist on Sound Cloud called COSMIC DRIFT. Good stuff.

Drift away but maybe sample the You Tuber stuff before diving into the Sound Cloud as it's huge.

I am trying to alternate work and studying Calculus here in the Sangren Star Trek conference room. Blog posts may be short or reprints from now until the exam: EIGHT DAYS UNTIL THE FINAL EXAM!!

Drift away, mom. Drift, COSMIC DRIFT.

Maybe start with Keke Palmer. It's dope.

Word.



I did not make special playlist in You Tube for this post, but all the videos are saved to my main Musical Mondays playlist.

COSMIC DRIFT PLAYLIST
1. Cosmic Drift Playlist via Soundcloud - 125 tracks!!

2. Thievery Corporation - "The Cosmic Game"
3. Ananda Yantram - "Cosmic Drift"
4. Space Ambient "Rachel's Song" from BLADE RUNNER slowed 800%
5. Fink - "Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us"
6. Flunk - "Cigarette Burns"
7. James Blake - "Modern Soul"
8. Björk - "lionsong"
9. Björk - "Mutual Core"
10. Keke Palmer - "Hands Free"
11. Thievery Corporation - "Treasures"
12. Thievery Corporation - "Weightless"




https://nastynasty.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-drift-volume-1
 













https://www.pixoto.com/images-photography/abstract/light-painting/cosmic-drift-5938174167875584






http://useum.org/artwork/Cosmic-Drift-Rachael-Wilson-2014









http://randallcookstudios.com/cosmic-drift/






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 652 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1704.17 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

http://www.webstersurfboards.com.au/fish-surfboards/

No comments: