Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #660 - I am going to PENGUICON 2017


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #660 - I am going to PENGUICON 2017

Hi Mom,

I am going to Penguicon in Detroit this weekend, starting tomorrow.

Here's some videos that shows what this is all about.

I was already sold before I watched the "What Is Penguicon" video in which one of the first things an interviewee said was that Penguicon is a place to "let your geek flag fly high." That's one of my favorite phrases, which I though I had coined it before realizing others had coined it, too, so either it had filtered into my consciousness like Baader-Meinhoff Phenomenon OR I just connected to other like-minded geeks because we all want to let the geek flag fly. No more in the closet for us geek as I wrote about here -

GEEK SHAMING

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/12/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-539-geek.html

GEEK CLOSET

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/03/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-268-geek.html

I AM GEEKY

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2015/12/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-159-i-am.html

Maybe this con will inspire me to write more about geek shaming.

I am sure it will inspire me in many ways.

SO... about the blog.

I am more or less taking the weekend off to be fully at the con and squeeze in the work for my job with my limited free time. I am scheduled for some many panels that I am not sure when I am going to eat. :-)

I have three posts for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday drafted as posts about Penguicon, but whather I publish rough drafts while I am there (I may do so, with a nice photo) or when I get back remains to be seen.

So for now, Mom, and readers, check these videos if you're interested.

See you later.










Oh yeah, one other thing... so this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Our_Yesterdays_(Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series)



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 662 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1704.27 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: