Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #915 - Mentorship Saturday - Meeting Natalie Metzger


from: https://www.thefuzzyslug.com/blog/2017/12/happy-holidays
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #915 - Mentorship Saturday - Meeting Natalie Metzger

Hi Mom,

I drove down to downtown Portland today for my first ever Mentorship Saturday Meet Up.

It was great to get out and get to the meet up. Downtown Portland feels very much like big city life, like Chicago and New York.

I met some people and received some cool advice.

But the weirdest thing happened. I met Natalie Metzger.

I follow her on Patreon and have pledged. I knew she lived out west here somewhere, maybe even in Washington, but I had no idea she lived in this immediate area.

Funny, how people are brought together, eh? 

I do not follow that many people on Patreon.

It was funny how this happened. We were all in a round table session in a back room discussing our career plans and receiving advice from the more experienced mentors in attendance. It was a very informative session.

Natalie went last, and after discussing her sys admin work and education, she mentioned doing web comics. When she mentioned that, I asked, of course, what comics. BINGO.

"You're Natalie Metzger!?!" I blurted out, as she had not given her last name. I am not sure any of us gave a last name.

After the meet up, she and I had a nice chat.

If you see this Natalie, (since I will send it on), it was nice to meet you.

Anyway, I met a couple of other chaps who will work together with me on some code next week. I just invited the whole meet up via the Slack channel, which I hope is not a social faux pas. Though I think the risk-reward is not that great as I would not expect too many, if any, people to join us based on my one message. In fact, I am half expecting either Aaron or Trevor or both to bow out before Saturday, though I am hoping not. I need some good sit down time with other coders banging through some material. I have C program with a problem. I have Javascript code that I am not sure I fully understand, plus I am not sure yet the best way to test by running Javascript code.

Anyway, back to the subject of meeting Natalie. It's much like meeting my neighbor who is from Kalamazoo but meeting her in Kalamazoo completely randomly as shown here:

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/08/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-772.html

I am still marveling at the synchronicity of the universe.

I love Natalie's art. Here's her web site.

https://www.thefuzzyslug.com/

Here are the links to the entries in which I have already written about Natalie and her work.

WOMEN KNOW MATH -
http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2017/02/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-601-women.html

VARIOUS -
http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/07/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-368-july.html

LOVECRAFT STUFF -
http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/03/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-267-lost.html

MORE VARIOUS ART -
http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/04/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-283.html

Natalie Metzger on Patreon -

https://www.patreon.com/nataliemetzger


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 917 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1801.06 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: