Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, February 2, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #942 - Blake Griffin debuts for Detroit Pistons



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #942 - Blake Griffin debuts for Detroit Pistons

Hi Mom,

When I heard about the Blake Griffin trade earlier this week, I was surprised and disappointed. Griffin is a player I avoid in fantasy because he seems to be injured a lot, and so I am concerned about relying on him to score for my team. Whereas Tobias Harris is a player I want to draft, and I love, and Boban Marjanovic is  a player that should have been on the court more often as he had shown that he could make a big difference. I am all right with the Pistons trading Avery Bradley, who had not lived up to his potential in Detroit. But Harris and Marjanovic are big losses and adding two picks to the deal really sells the future. Sure, Griffin is a star, but the Pistons gave up too much and took on a HUGE contract.

So, this seems to be about filling the seats at the new Little Caesar's Arena. Griffin is a star, and the struggling Pistons are also struggling with attendance. The days of the consecutive sell outs from 2004 to whenever is over. I love Detroit, but the fans are fickle. Griffin's jerseys are already flying off the racks. Griffin will bring more star curious fans to the seats. I would surely go if I was back in Michigan. And here in the PACNW, I may go see them when they come to Portland in March.

I might not like it, but I am a fan. And though the Pistons just beat the lowly Grizzlies in Griffin's debut with hardly any time to practice (like none, literally), the excitement factor is up, which is something the Pistons need.



Sharing edited highlights, which I hope will remain on You Tube a long time unlike the last clip I posted, which was gone a few days later.

BREAKING NEWS: FREE PRESS: PISTONS TRADE FOR BLAKE GRIFFIN

PISTONS TRADE FOR BLAKE GRIFFIN and it may backfire

Pistons win 104-102 February First - Recap ESPN










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 944 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1802.02 -10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: