Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #947 - Sentiers No.18 —Talk loudly, cities, history, the firm, geekery, drones and dolphins

https://99percentinvisible.org/article/self-contained-cities-hyperdense-arcologies-urban-fiction-utopian-fantasy/
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #947 - Sentiers No.18 —Talk loudly, cities, history, the firm, geekery, drones and dolphins

Hi Mom,

It's time for me to share another of Patrick Tanguay's Sentiers newsletters because they are fucking awesome, and I mean that as intellectually as it sounds. Not to put people off with my emphasis, and I know you were never fond of the language, Mom, but really... NEWSLETTERS. They are the new information platform that you may have not yet tapped into. See AN ARCHIVE of Sentiers at that link there.

Consider subscribing. Patrick Tanguay's Sentiers newsletter is one of the best things consistently and regularly delivered to my in box.

AND Patrick encourages sharing with friends, and so, I am sharing. There will be some original content first, at least ruminations and guides, but it's difficult to consistently produce something thoughtful.

I have shared at least one of Patrick's newsletters before.

Let me take a minute to speak on the excellence of newsletters as I now subscribe to close to a dozen, and I may share the list some time. But, also, I will be sharing some in the near future, such Sarah Jaffe, which is excellent. Plus, articles I glean from Aeon come from a newsletter I receive.

Tanguay's Sentiers is one of my favorite reads each week because I learn so much, and he inspires me to pass on this learning to you, Mom, and you, readers, even if I am just sharing one of his newsletters.

This one starts well.

See that picture of the great Buckminster Fuller?

Next is some thoughts on the year by author Madeline Ashby, who wrote Company Town, a book that has been on my radar for almost a year. Now that it's in paperback, I have extra incentive to read it, so I moved it to the top of my wish list. It's great to see that she has a blog, but the site is not updated too often. It's difficult to write and maintain a site, especially if you have another job besides (sort of my problem). We can't all be Scalzi. Sorry, John, I write as if I presume that he checks my blog (he doesn't).

Then Tanguay shares a hip post on cities, both past concepts and future concepts from where I got the above graphic.

I am not intrigued to check out 99 percent invisible and its podcast.

I like how Tanguay organizes.

He has posts on cities, history, organizations, "geekery," the Churn, and Twitter with a few other things crammed together at the end. It's good stuff and lots of links to more reading, a feature which always makes his newsletters a deep and enriching learning experience.

And there's also a good link to some hype for the impending Black Panther movie, about which I am more than a little excited.

That's all for my preamble.

Dive in.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 949 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1802.07 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: