Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #980 - Be Lush - Support Soma FM - Musical Monday for 1803.12

https://somafm.com/lush/songhistory.html
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #980 - Be Lush - Support Soma FM - Musical Monday for 1803.12

"When I am weak, I draw strength from you..."
                                                                                                       - From "Destiny" - Zero 7

Hi Mom, This playlist today is dedicated to the LUSH STATION at SOMA.FM.

SOMA.FM is commercial free (and FREE) Internet radio that relies on contributions from listeners. Soma offers some nifty swag for donations. I have a glow in the dark T-shirt.

SomaFM commercial free internet radio

Check out the stations, Lush is just one of many, and consider contributing some dollars if you like what you find and listen for a while.

Chillout with Groove Salad on SomaFM, commercial-free, independent, alternative/undeground internet radioI often listen to GROOVE SALAD.


For this collection, though, I actually made a playlist on You Tube for it, too.

I made this playlist from listening to the Lush station and culling interesting tracks, mostly, though not exclusively, from artists I did not know.

I am embroiled in a push to finish two sets of final grades and make up for basically taking the entire weekend off as Liesel and I explored the Tillamook Bay area. More on that trip later this week (maybe tomorrow) with more photos and reports.

SomaFM commercial free internet radio

Here's the deets on the music.

THE LUSH PLAYLIST ON MY YOU TUBE


I had to some tracks by lush to any playlist called "Be Lush," I mean, really.

These tracks are not arranged or curated. The order is purely random, mostly by radio play.

Some notables (that I know)  came up, like Zero 7, Imogen Heap, Goldfrapp, and Frou Frou.

I am amused that Sigur Rós plays on a radio station featuring female vocals. I always thought Jonsi sounds very feminine by design.

I have shared FLA Twiggs and Daughter before but others like Quadron, Blue Foundation, Slowpho, Florist, London Grammar, and many others are new to me.

The Hope Sandoval song was my pick like the Lush and Cocteau Twins tracks.

TRACK LISTING - BE LUSH

1. Quadron - "Befriend"
2. Florist - "If Blue Could Be Happiness"
3. Shannon Curtis - "Continental Divide"
4. Zero 7 - live - "Destiny" with Sia and Sophie Barker 2002 (on "Sets Without a Net" - San Diego)
5. Ledisi - "Alright" from Lost and Found
6. London Grammar - "Interlude" - (live Qube)
7. Imogen Heap - "The Song that Never Was" (Rymdlego mix)
8. Frou Frou - "Shh"
9. Husky Rescue - "Deep Forest Green"
10. Blue Foundation - "Lost" (featuring Sara Savery)
11. Mimi Page - "Phenomenon" (version 2.0)
12. Sigur Rós - "Ágætis Byrjun"
13. Goldfrapp - "Drew"
14. Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions - "Salt of the Sea"
15. Emma Louise - "Illuminate"
16. FKA Twiggs - "Hours"
17. Slowpho - "I Wake Myself" (Org Lounge Remix)
18. Achillea - "Odin's Hill"
19. Anomie Belle - "Cascade"
20. Daughter - "Still"
21. Lush "De Luxe"
22. Lush "Superblast!"
23. Lush - "Sweetness and Light"
24. Cocteau Twins - "Heaven of Las Vegas"
25. Zero 7 - "Destiny" (album version)

Here's the songs individually because that's fun and redundant.





































































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 982 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1803.12 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: