Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 19, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #987 - Three New Songs - Thorn, Thievery, Sufjan - Musical Monday for 1803.19


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #987 - Three New Songs - Thorn, Thievery, Sufjan - Musical Monday for 1803.19

Hi Mom,

Short post today as I am looking to get ahead and finish my long awaited TILLAMOOK TRIP POST
that will dazzle you and all two of my readers with many pictures of ocean water because ocean water is pretty. I must get more selective with my photos. Okay, there's food, drink, trees, and even me and Liesel. More on that by tomorrow ( I hope).

Here, mainly, just a post to say HEY, THERE'S A NEW TRACEY THORN ALBUM!! Because that's exciting to me, and friends like HE WHO IS WALT CURLEY. But it may not be that amazing to others (though it should be).

On the way to JUST sharing about Tracey's new record, which Amazon will deliver for me tomorrow, I discovered, OMG, this great new song by THIEVERY CORPORATION!!!! Wow, how did I not know, and since I was doing new songs, I spotted this Sufjan Stevens song, so I figured I would do three and stop.

So, just because I added Tracey to the Twitter message, I want to be very clear in this post that I adore TRACEY THORN. Not only was EBTG a soundtrack of my life since about 1986, but her solo album Out of the Woods (2007) is one of my most ever listened to albums, being in constant rotation for over a year in my CD player as I write about here in T-Shirts #97. It's top twenty only because the top ten most listened to is dominated by older stuff for obvious reasons. Speaking of T-shirts and EBTG, I wrote of my EBTG love here in T-shirts #163.

Okay, so Tracey, if I got you to look at my blog, thank you for all the great music. You have been a significant companion in my life. Please keep making more. :-)

So there. I did three.

See you all tomorrow.


SPIN REVIEW OF RECORD shared by Tracy via her TWITTER.


As someone who’s released just three judicious albums of original material in ten years, Thorn is almost too good of an editor. (I always long for the flawless miniature “Hands Up to the Ceiling” to go on for one more verse.) She doesn’t waste a moment of Record, which zips through nine substantial songs in hardly half an hour. Ewan Pearson’s springy, sticky, nostalgic electro-pop is so finely webbed around Thorn’s voice that it feels less like a track than an emanation, an iridescent medium shuddering from her steady force. The music keeps pace with Thorn’s alert intelligence, as when a huge void erupts from the tiny pause after the line “Here’s death” in the aching personal essay “Air,” or when diegetic guitar chords slip through the ridiculously charming “Guitar.”    


I have to agree with this bloke on the excellence of "Hands Up To The Ceiling," but isn't it a good thing that Tracey gives us just a glimpse but not too much?

And it's a good review.

Check it out.

SPOTIFY STREAM:



Did you know Tracey has an INSTAGRAM? She does.

TRACEY THORN SITE








And how is this for buried content? I am just going to hide these comments to test if anyone sees them. So, you know, how I thought I might end Hey Mom at 1000 entries. So, NOT. I am not inclined to quit yet. It doesn't feel right. So I am banking on three full years, which is like this post in which I shared just three videos.

It feels like HEY MOM should get a countdown like I did for T-shirts, and since I didn't start one, and I am 13 posts from 1000, then, ipso facto, not stopping Hey Mom at 1000.

What's three times 365? :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 989 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1803.19 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.


No comments: