Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2758 - Writer's Retreat Day Seven: the Beach Walk, Skywalk at the Zoo, and Samoa Dunes



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2758 - Writer's Retreat Day Seven: the Beach Walk, Skywalk at the Zoo, and Samoa Dunes

This post documents my last full day in Eureka. I am writing it a couple of days after returning home. It seems now like it almost didn't happen. So weird and unusual.

And now we have planned a trip for December.

On my last day in Eureka, after some normal morning stuff and writing, I headed out for the walk I had done the day before and mistakenly did not realize that I could not circle back to where I started at the trail head.

Between the trail-beach walk, the zoo, the dunes, and the marina, I walked nearly ten miles this Tuesday.


Felt good.

Tried to take pictures of the trail-beach walk, especially with landmarks, to show where I was when out on the island of Samoa.

After the morning walk and a shower, I was off to the Sequoia Park Zoo and its sky bridges through the redwood forest.

Then I headed out to Samoa and the dunes plus a look at the ocean without any land in sight.

Lastly, I ate at the marina on Woodley Island (which is between Samoa island and the mainland of Eureka) and then walked the marina before returning to my apartment somewhat dogged but not too sore or too tired.

This first picture is from the start of the walk, which is amusing.


I like the things to read, though I do not always want to stop and read them as I am walking...



























This landmark below is important as it appears in my pictures from Samoa Island.



Note the white buildings in the distance on Samoa Island. That's right where I will be later this day.




Off to the ZOO:

Next was exploration of the Sequoia Park Zoo in Eureka with its sky bridges through the redwoods.

Very cool.


















































After the zoo, I headed out to Samoa Island for dunes and then the big ocean with no land in sight.


See the landmark below, the big black obelisk? That's the same one I photographed above on my morning walk.






The jetty at the Samoa Dunes.



Here's those white buildings I photographed in my morning walk.






This is not my car, but it could be. I just liked the parking spot in the grove. It was cooler in person.

















So... Time to see the OCEAN on the north side of Samoa Island, no land in sight...

North side of Samoa Island.












Dinner time. Cafe on Woodley Island at the marina.

Clam chowder, Caesar Salad, Red Snapper, green beans, fries. Mojito.






The bridges to the two islands, first the one to Woodley Island, where I am taking the photo, and the second longer one to Samoa Island.


Bridge to Samoa Island:









Here's where I may stay next time:



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2209.06 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2622 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: