Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3060 - Last Week: A Road Trip and a Hike

old growth forest

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3060 - Last Week: A Road Trip and a Hike

Since I was on break, I took two days completely away from work because even during break, there is prep to do, and I do teach for another school.

Friday June 30th, I drove up the Washington Coast from Longview to Aberdeen and then over to Olympia for lunch with a friend and then home.

I did not take pictures.

I am considering setting a great deal of my current novel in Aberdeen, WA.


Then, on Saturday July 1st, with my friend Paul, we drove up past the Lewis River Falls (Lower, Middle, and Upper) to the Quartz Creek Trail for a hike.

The Quartz Creek Trail is an eight mile hike -- four miles out and four miles back -- but we did not know it would be up and up and up and UP!! The trail followed switch backs hundreds of feet above the creek. After about two miles, we were whipped and turned around.



Here's a bunch of pictures in this entry.

It was good self-care. I feel closest to my Mom in nature. As I wrote yesterday, it has been eight years since her death.

Thanks for tuning in.





Chris Tower




















coral mushroom






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2307.05 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2924 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: