Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, December 23, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3231 - Ellory's Adoption Day - Seven Years Ago

Ellory CU 2309_15

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3231 - Ellory's Adoption Day - Seven Years Ago

Seven years ago today, we adopted Ellory Queen from the animal shelter, a rescue, which is obvious, as she has PTSD from whatever she went through in the first 8-9 weeks of her life.

We were told her approximate age when we rescued her, so I arbitrarily set her birthday as October 21st, 2016.

Ellory continues our -el theme and her name is patterned after Ellery Queen, the mystery writer pen name.

I will be honest.

I did not want her.

I thought one dog was enough.

I was at my parents house wrapping presents, and I got a call about getting a new puppy.

By the end of the call, I thought it was decided that we were NOT getting another puppy.

I get home and SURPRISE. There's a new puppy named for one of the Gilmore Girls characters, possibly Rory. I forget.

I was pretty miffed. I was looking forward to a restful holiday break. Satchel was five years old. We had settled into a lifestyle.

And then Ellory.

I was only angry for a little while. I got over it pretty quickly because Ellory was so cute and loving.

Also, puppies sleep like 18 hours a day, so it's not that hard to handle them. And as one picture below shows, Ellory loved to sleep at my feet.

I didn't immediately love Ellory as much as I loved Satchel, but that also did not last.

I love my dogs equally, but I have a special bond with Ellory that's different than with Satchel.

In part, it's how Ellory smells, especially her ears, which are always full of gunk.

Then, it's because Ellory soaks up love; she never seems to grow tired of being smothered with affection.

Ellory is sweet and genuine.

She defers to Satchel, who is the alpha.

And she is still very much a puppy at age seven.

She will always be my baby puppy, even though we got a new puppy, who is a baby, just not MY baby puppy.

Ellory taught me that I can handle things I think will be hard that will bring me great joy.

She taught me that Satchel is not the only puppy I can love.

Dogs are angels from Heaven.

Also, Ellory made this concept my number one ethic: 


So happy to celebrate Ellory's adoption day!!

Here's some of my favorite Ellory pictures followed by a reprint of her time with us published a few months after her adoption.


Ellory 1701.09 must be at my feet

Ellory 1907_19 (2)

ellory dec. 24 2016 adoption day afte via piper

Ellory from Zoe 2304_18

Ellory is Pure Love 1901_12 (1)

Ellory on walk 1908_07 (2)

Ellory Queen Tower 1612.26 (2)

Ellory via Liesel 1905_05

Ellory via Liesel 2306_10

Ellory via Zoe 2307_20 (1)

Ellory via Zoe 2312_19 (1)

Ellory watches neighbors 1908_07

Ellory with Piper Monday March 24 2018

Ellory-cone-2102_13

Ellory looking sheepish after stealing 
the front seat of the car from Satchel 1903.20


Ellory was laid to rest in bed after we brought her home from being fixed. Satchel lay down right next to her, obviously trying to comfort here sister who was in pain.




BEST OF ALL

Ellory and Satchel home from being fixed 1704.15






REPRINT

Sunday, April 2, 2017



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #635 - Featuring Ellory Queen

Hey Mom,

Just some simple show and tell, today. Lots of VIDEOS.

I love my dogs. Today is dedicated to all ELLORY QUEEN TOWER, our new curly-haired LabaCoon.

Please note some things:

  • The dates under the picture are in yearmonth.date form = 1701.19 is my BIRTHDAY!! January 19, 2017.
  • This a SELECTION of photos and videos not ALL the videos and pictures in my archive that I have not yet shared.
  • For more videos, see my YOU TUBE CHANNEL.
  • Um. I think that's it.
  • Ellory is a goofball. Goofy. Dingus.

We love our Ellory the Queen.

Ellory 1701.01




Ellory 1701.02

Ellory 1702.27




Ellory post vet 1702.01




Ellory on her Just Ellory walk 1701.19




Ellory 1703.08 sad with new bed and toy but misses her MOM



Ellory likes her water bottle 1701.26




Ellory post vet 1701.09





Ellory wants in 1701.19





Satchel and Ellory 1701.06



Satchel and Ellory post walk 1702.19

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reflect and connect. Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you. I miss you so very much, Mom. Talk to you tomorrow, Mom. - Days ago = 637 days ago
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1704.02 - 10:10
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2312.23 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3095 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: