Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3234 - "Run Run Reindeer" as it goes in "Little Saint Nick" - Music Monday for Christmas 2023 on Tuesday Boxing Day



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3234 - "Run Run Reindeer" as it goes in "Little Saint Nick" - Music Monday for Christmas 2023 on Tuesday Boxing Day

The inner workings behind the scenes at the Sense of Doubt blog office are not well known to the public, even regular readers of the blog.

I have hinted at the mechanics of blog production before.

For instance, I have mentioned before that some blog entries are in the works for a long time and keep getting postponed until they are fully baked. Such was the case with today's entry.

It's not ready.

But then, I have tendency to do too much, so I have to temper that tendency as I work on these long term blog projects. I am getting better at letting go of what I might like to do with an entry if I had but "world enough and time" to partially quote Andrew Marvell.

Back in December of 2018, I started to make lists of the upcoming blog entries. I started this originally to plan and complete a set of entries before I left on a trip back to Michigan. Some of the "plan ahead" entries were in the works then and now, five years later, have still not been published. In fact, some I have abandoned.

See, I have saved these sheets. I have a stack of them.

I use half of a page of 8 1/2 x 11 paper torn in half and in portrait, vertical orientation.

I can fit a little over three weeks on the sheet give or take based on my handwriting.

For instance, the current sheet started Wednesday 12/06 and ends with Saturday 12/30, which is just a few days over three weeks.

I track the blog number, the "days since" number, and the day and date.

I erase often as I bump planned entries or decide I have to insert one because of something in the news , usually a death, such as the recent passing of Norman Lear.

Since 2018, that started surely with just one sheet, maybe two, I now keep four sheets filled out at one time, so my possible plans extend to Saturday 03/09 2024 now.

And with today's bump, I have some erasing and adjusting to do.

Currently, the last sheet for 02/16 - 03/09 is completely blank, which is rare. Usually when I make a new sheet, a few bumped entries get moved out to that sheet.

I intended to finish more long term entries than I have so far over break as I am balancing holiday celebrations as well as necessary and recharging relaxation with work, household chores, and a NEW PUPPY, which is a major chore in itself when she is not sleeping as she is now, this minute.

Okay, so today's fill-in-post.

I had part of this song by the Beach Boys covered by Mindy Gledhill stuck in my head.

I woke in the middle of the night with "run run reindeer" running through my head.

My first Google search proved fruitless (because I did not look hard enough) until we were playing Gledhill Christmas songs, and I heard it.

I did not know of this Beach Boys tune.

So here it is.

It contains the refrain "run run reindeer." 

There's two "mixes" as well, though not "real" mixes that I designed. Really just playlist created to stash Christmas stuff.

That's all I can manage today.

Thanks for tuning in and Merry Christmas.


"LITTLE SAINT NICK" - The Beach Boys







In this one there's the Rankin-Bass Rudolph show, and a variety of Christmas albums.

Does everyone have a Christmas album. I was going to just feature the Annie Lennox album, but then You Tube informed me that Sarah McLachlan has a Christmas album and Enya has two, apparently. I added Aimee Mann's album and one song from Tori Amos' album as there's only playlists of Midwinter Graces not the whole album in one video.



Various Christmas stuff 2023





This one includes a Pink Floyd Christmas song, Brandi Carlile covering "River," Katie Melua's "O Holy Night," and the entire Nutcracker as ambient among other things: RADIOHEAD!!

Partial Mix for Christmas from 2022






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2312.26 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3098 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: