Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #612 - Pistons game with Dad-1703.09


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #612 - Pistons game with Dad: Pistons Beat Cavs 106-101 1703.09

Hi Mom,

Dad and I went to see the Pistons play the Cavaliers last night, and the Pistons won!! This is a good thing as we saw them lose when we went last year to the Martin Luther King day game on 1601.18.
This is a cheat here as I am including the picture from last year. We didn't take pictures this year of us together, which is an oversight I should never allow.

It was a great outing, though. I scheduled it for when Liesel was in England, so I would not disturb her my coming home late.

Dad and I stopped in East Lansing and had a nice dinner at Beggar's Banquet, a classic spot that's been there forever. We shared whitefish pate. Dad had whitefish as well and I had a red curry mussels dinner over rice noodles.

We stopped twice on the way to buy coffee and were foiled each time at not being able to find the Starbucks, which were not really near the exits. So I had a Coke at the game.

It was a great game. The Pistons were down by ten in the first half, but they came back to take the lead at half with a buzzer beater closing shot. They lost the lead again in the third but outscored the Cavaliers at one point 22-5 to regain the lead and hold it.

We made good time home, but the dogs were a bit distressed at me being gone, especially Satchel who cried pitifully for a long time when I got home.

Here's pictures, the box score, and the AP report by Noah Trister (credit given for my re-post). Pictures (except mine) by Getty Images.











FROM - http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=400900355

Pistons overcome James, Cavaliers in 106-101 win


AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- If Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond play like they did Thursday night, the Detroit Pistons shouldn't have much trouble making the playoffs.
Drummond had 20 points and 16 rebounds, and the Pistons scored the first 13 points of the fourth quarter before holding on for a 106-101 victory over the injury-plagued Cleveland Cavaliers. Jackson led Detroit with 21 points, including 12 in the final period.
"My teammates were just telling me to go out there and be myself, be aggressive on offense and try to make the right play," Jackson said. "It was a great team win, and most importantly, our defensive stops is what really got us the win."
Detroit now leads Chicago by a half-game for the No. 7 spot in the Eastern Conference.
LeBron James had 29 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists -- and threw down over a half-dozen tremendous dunks -- but the Cavaliers have now lost three straight and five of their last seven. J.R. Smith played for Cleveland after a thumb injury had kept him out since December, but Kevin Love and Kyle Korver were out, and the Cavaliers lost Andrew Bogut earlier in the week with a broken leg .
Cleveland led 80-73 after finishing the third quarter with a 22-5 run, but the Pistons started strong in the fourth, and a tip-in by Jackson gave Detroit an 82-80 advantage.
Jackson also beat the shot clock with a floater with 55 seconds left, lifting the Pistons to a 103-98 lead.
James and Kyrie Irving had 19 points each in the first half, but Detroit led 55-52 after two quarters. James had five dunks in the half, including a two-hander in the first quarter in which he swung a bit on the rim and received a technical foul. That play gave Cleveland a 27-12 advantage.
Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said Detroit's Marcus Morris asserted himself in the huddle at that point.
"He stopped and said, `I got this," Van Gundy said. "He went after them pretty good, to the point that I had to be the one to be positive after he was done. I'm not usually good cop, so that was a little bit interesting."
Detroit was up 68-58 in the third before Cleveland closed the quarter with a huge run. Channing Frye made four 3-pointers for the Cavs in that stretch, all from around the same spot on the right wing.
Irving finished with 27 points.
TIP-INS
Cavaliers: Smith, who had been out since Dec. 20, came on as a substitute in the first quarter. He finished with three points on 1-of-9 shooting. ... Love hasn't come back yet from knee surgery, and Korver has an injured left foot. Coach Tyronn Lue was back on the sideline after missing Monday's game against Miami with an illness.
Pistons: Detroit outscored Cleveland by 23 when James wasn't in the game.
HIGHLIGHTS
James had two more dunks in the second half for a total of seven, but he wasn't effective at all from the perimeter, going 0 of 6 from 3-point range on the night.
"Just trying to be aggressive -- be aggressive and attack the rim. That's pressure on their defense. I was able to get into the lane," James said. "My outside shot wasn't going for me tonight, so I'm able to switch off and go somewhere else."
MEMORIES
Unless the teams meet in the postseason, this was the last game for James at The Palace. The Pistons are moving downtown next season. James had one of his first transcendent postseason moments in this building back in 2007, when he scored 48 points -- including Cleveland's final 25 -- in a win over Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals.

UP NEXT
Cavaliers: Visit the Orlando Magic on Saturday night. Cleveland beat the Magic 105-99 on Oct. 29.
Pistons: Host the New York Knicks on Saturday. Detroit has split two games against New York so far this season.
---
Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister
Check out the team sites for the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons for more game coverage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 614 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1603.10 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

THESE are my pictures

Not as good as the pro photos, but they are the pictures I took.




No comments: