Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2563 - ANNOUNCING BLOG VACATION II 2022




A Sense of Doubt blog post #2563 - ANNOUNCING BLOG VACATION II 2022 

I am taking another "vacation" from the blog.

Though vacation is a relative term given that there will still be a post every day.

I need a break from the production line.

I mean, after all, we did just buy a house and will be moving while I am trying to wrap up two semesters at two schools.

SIGH.

Blog Vacation Two 2022 - Vacation II Post #00
I took a "Blog Vacation" in 2021 from August 31st to October 14th. I did not stop posting daily; I just put the blog in a low power rotation and mostly kept it off social media. Like that vacation, for this second blog vacation now in 2022, I am alternating between reprints, shares with little to no commentary, and THAT ONE THING, which is an image from the folder with a few thoughts scribbled along with it. I am alternating these three modes as long as the vacation lasts (not sure how long), pre-publishing the posts, and not always pushing them to social media.

Here's the collected Blog Vacation I from 2021:

Saturday, October 16, 2021



Like I wrote here, last year: 

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2387 - MY BLOG VACATION 2021 - GONE FISHIN'

And so, it's time for a vacation.

Because of my jobs (yes, JOBS), I rarely have times when there's NO WORK just less work.

Because I did not have PARK SUMMER CLASSES, I did have some time in June this year with no classes running, but I had PREP and a training, so I was not work free.

Basically, I am only work free for the last two weeks of December and very beginning of January every year.

I had planned a trip from Thursday, September 02 through the following Wednesday, September 08. That trip has been canceled because of the DELTA VARIANT and the fact that the destination -- KC, MO -- is a major hot spot for COVID infections.

But that's no reason not to still take a vacation.

I had already planned a blog vacation, and so I am still taking.

With my commitment to DAILY POSTS, I am never ceasing my blog work -- unless I ever decided to stop for some reason or am incapacitated, and even then I would catch up once conscious -- and so I vacation just means that I set up simple and easy posts ahead of time, publish them ahead of time, and for the most part do not push them through to social media.

And so, today starts that vacation for the next 20 days. Basically, three weeks. I am going into LOW POWER MODE.

For the next three weeks, I am going to alternate BLOG REPRINTS (both this blog and the T-shirts blog), old stuff from the archive that are simple shares (and already set up), and THAT ONE THING, which will probably just be some graphic from my folder of 3500+ items and a few lines of content about why I am sharing it.

So that's the dealio.

This is the last social media pushed post for three weeks (unless I change my mind).

Thanks for tuning in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2202.23 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2427 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: