Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, October 16, 2021

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2433 - BLOG VACATION 2021 COLLECTED

1973 cover art for Earth’s Other Shadow, by Robert Silverberg

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2433 - BLOG VACATION 2021 COLLECTED

So, I took a blog vacation.

Now, for many people a vacation would mean no activity and no blog posts for the entire period of time.

But I am committed to posting daily. Blog vacation for me means that I pre-publish a lot of blog posts and then I do not push them to social media. To make it a vacation, I keep the blog posts simple, which is why I did THAT ONE THING, reprints, and simple shares mostly from the draft archive.

THAT ONE THING is simply taking one thing, often an image, and sharing that with just a little content.

Reprints are obvious, and I did reprints from both HEY MOM, including the first ever HEY MOM, as well as the 325 T-Shirts blog and this, The Sense of Doubt Blog.

Simple sharing is as simple as it sounds, a share of an article, and in most cases I pulled from the hundreds of draft posts I have saved, many of which are if not ready to publish, nearly so.

I tried to come out of the blog vacation on September 20th, but I quickly saw that I was still really busy, and so the next day (though it may have been a few days until I posted it), I want back into the blog vacation. 

The goal of the blog vacation was to write more fiction and write ahead on the blog, generating posts of original content I have planned. I did not make as much progress in this work as I wished. But I did some of the writing I wanted.

Though I am done with the blog vacation for now after 41 days, I reserve the right to shift in and out of LOW POWER MODE to be able to manage work load, get writing done, and get ahead on original blog posts of some substance that I want to write.

I really love the diversity and somewhat randomness of this collection. Maybe I will make the blog vacation a regular thing every quarter. Look for another possibly from mid December to early January.

Here are all the links to the blog vacation posts as I did not post them to social media.

Thanks for tuning in.






















I came out of the blog vacation for entry #2407, which I shared to social media,
collecting all four EVERYBODY KNOWS school mixes:

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2407 - "Everybody Knows" - Mix for the start of FALL QUARTER - version #003 - MUSICAL MONDAY FOR 2109.20

























+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2110.16 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2297 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: