A Sense of Doubt blog post #1379 - Why Nazis Were Obsessed With Atlantis
I have always been mad about Atlantis.
And the Nazis intrigue me.
It's on my to-do list to read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and I will probably pull the trigger on that item next year sometime.
For now, a filler share because I am deeply immersed in Grading Hell, but then, when am I not?
This is a great article, and I LOVE THE BIG THINK.
from - https://bigthink.com/culture-religion/why-the-nazis-were-obsessed-with-finding-the-lost-city-of-atlantis
Why the Nazis were obsessed with finding the lost city of Atlantis
- The mythical city of Atlantis was first mentioned in Plato's writings.
- Top Nazis, including Heimlich Himmler, tried to find the city through expeditions.
- The island was key to Nazi thinking about the "Aryan race".
|Ernst Schäfer during his last expedition to Tibet. 1938.|
|Hypothetical reconstructions of Tiwanaku in Edmund Kiss's book Das gläserne Meer. 1930.|
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1811.30 -10:10
- Days ago = 1245 days ago
- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.