Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1128 - Books with Pictures, Assorted Portland, and COMICS!


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1128 - Books with Pictures, Assorted Portland, and COMICS!

Hi Mom,

So here's another true gallimaufry, a hodge podge of STUFF.

See the cool image above? We have been watching The Haunting of Hill House here in the Tower home (and so should you). Actor Katie Siegel -- my favorite; she plays adult Theodora -- is having a contest for Hill House swag for thos who vote and tag her. I just did. I will share that on Tuesday, but first.... more of the myriad things.

Next, this video preview for a new comic book.

Doesn't this look great?? I already pre-ordered the collected graphic novel. I might have to get the comics in print or digital first though. Damn it looks good.

Warren Ellis told me about it. More on him and his rantings in a raving minute.





Published on Oct 29, 2018



The story fans thought they would never see! This all-new emotional rollercoaster stars fan-favorites Max and Chloe, and picks up after the critically-acclaimed game! Torn between universes, can a splintered Max reckon with the sins of Arcadia past... and is there any future for Max and Chloe when time itself is against them? Written by Emma Vieceli, with art by Claudia Leonardi! Life is Strange #1 is available in comic shops on November 14, 2018, and also on digital devices. Issue #1 comes with 5 covers to collect, plus an exclusive Forbidden Planet variant: https://bit.ly/2COHYvT To find your local comic shop, visit: https://www.comicshoplocator.com Digital devices: ComiXology: http://bit.ly/2vJMAy4 Amazon / Kindle: https://amzn.to/2z9b7yh Pre-order the collected graphic novel: https://amzn.to/2CQeNrY Music: Luciano Rossi - Look For Sympathy


I am just putting this here. I just shared a Banksy meme in class and somehow You Tube knew and showed me this video in the suggested queue. The meme follows.






DINNER 1810.22





CARPETS CLEANED

So we had the carpet in the living room shampooed. Check out the video. The dogs were not happy.








ANOTHER COMIC SHOP BITES THE DUST PORTLAND COMIC SHOP TOUR 2018

Well, the comic shop did not "bite the dust." It's just that I could cross it off my list.

I went to BOOKS WITH PICTURES on Division and 11th on Friday 1811.02. It was SO COOL!!

I really LOVE this one. I may go back A LOT. There's a reading area! With A COUCH.

I was greeted warmly by the owner and "proprietrix" Katie Proctor, to whom I am sending this link just for FYI. Katie seems super cool, and this truth was echoed by the owner of Moonbrine (see forthcoming photos) when I went buy some pickles.

I bought a copy of American Born Chinese and some mini comics. Plus a sale book, a copy of the Black Panther and The Crew, which I really LIKED. I may post pictures of my purchases later.

The shop is bright and warm. The politics align with my own. Katie and her co-worker are great.

This is a good one, peeps.

BOOKS WITH PICTURES - CAN YOU DIG IT? :-)

(I do; I dig it.)










FROM WARREN ELLIS' ORBITAL OPERATIONS - first post - season three 1811_04

The name is a hot link to SUBSCRIBE, so SUBSCRIBE!! Warren's really very lonely. He needs more friends.
The Girl Who Seized the Internet: "Tara Fares fashioned herself into the Instagram queen of Iraq. Then she was shot to death."  Molly Crabapple at the NYT.
Crabapple's shop is also open for the season.
List of all the podcasts I'm currently subscribed to.
Amused to see Maison Margiela going for the New Normal apocalypse culture look:
ACCELERATE by Ghost Cop.  Their new album is out on Nov 9, but you may want to hold on for a link to the physical release, which will include a 40-page zine featuring microfictions by Tim Maughan, whose forthcoming novel INFINITE DETAIL is excellent.


SCENES FROM PORTLAND

So, some random stuff here. Just things that seem picture worthy. Most photos are not blurry like this next one.




GET THIS BOOK!!!



ME AT BARISTA 1811.03 - WHY AM I WORKING ALL WEEKEND???



PICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Building - Division and 11th




Dinner 1811.02


WHAT IS THIS???????????
Oregon Children's Theatre - Sandy Boulevard...


Some where down near Ross Island Bridge, Portland



Alberta Street Saturday 1811.03
















Ford Building - Division and 11th









SATCHEL 1810.22


SATCHEL 1811.04




I HAVE THE BASKETBALL HOOKED UP! This makes me happy. Don't judge me.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ellory on the day after her birthday - 1810.22






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1219 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1811.04 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: