Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, November 12, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1361 - Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the InDiscipline Way mix for Musical Monday for 1811.12


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1361 - Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the InDiscipline Way mix for Musical Monday for 1811.12

Hello readers,

I continue to use this blog as a staging area for music I want to play in the class room. This one started with King Crimson and the first song, that song by Mogwai, which I first featured in my re-share (with all due credit to) of Kieron Gillen's best of 2016 playlist.

But then, as it always happens YOU TUBE intervenes and shares music that's just perfect and also, sometimes, a new discovery like Orkestra Obsolete using 1930s instruments to play New Order's "Blue Monday."

But then I expand with some artists I want to talk about, like Kate Bush, Devo, Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno, and Talking Heads. But then You Tube says "what about Moby?" And those two cuts seem to fit. And then I am with my wife and she plays an old Gang of Four track, and I remember how much I love Entertainment, the first album from 1979.

The crowning touch from which I modify a lyric for the title comes from Pink Floyd's "Time," one of the most relevant songs year after year of my whole life, and I thought it was true and real and well-targeted when I first heard it at the age of EIGHTEEN.








































But, just BY THE WAY, here’s the link to that post of my most listened to albums (which is like favorites…sort of…)


This has become a killer mix.

It all started because my students had a "quiz" (some might call it a test), and I wanted to make a point about "DISCIPLINE" and connect to King Crimson's album Discipline, which also makes the companion point about "Indiscipline," which is the negation of discipline. Say what? Check out the song. Two versions.

All this music keeps on giving to my life over and over and over.

Video player pod at the end of the blog entry. URL link to the mix in the title below.

ENJOY.


TRACK LIST

1. Mogwai - Ether 
2. King Crison - discipline 
3. Pink Floyd - Time/The Great Gig In The Sky
4. King Crimson - Indiscipline 
5. King Crimson - Matte Kudasai 
6. Kate Bush - The Dreaming 
7. Talking Heads - I Zimbra 
8. King Crimson - Frame by Frame
9. Gang of Four - Damaged Goods
10. Kate Bush - Suspended In Gaffa
11. Brian Eno - Sky Saw 
12. Peter Gabriel - "The Rhythm of the Heat" 
13. Peter Gabriel - "Mercy Street" 
14. Moby - Extreme Ways 
15. Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? 
16. Orkestra Obsolete play Blue Monday using 1930s instruments - BBC Arts
17. KING CRIMSON - Man With an Open Heart
18. Devo - [I Can't Get No] Satisfaction 
19. Talking Heads - No Compassion 
20. Talking Heads - Life During Wartime 
21. Talking Heads - Burning Down the House






Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the InDiscipline Way mix for Musical Monday for 1811.12

[1]



[2]



[3]


[4]


[5]


[6]


[7]



[8]


[9]


[10]


[11]


[12]


[13]


[14]


[15]


[16]


[17]


[18]


[19]


[20]


[21]










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1811.12 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1227 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: