Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1127 - Throwback Halloween 1979


Halloween - 1979

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1127 Throwback Halloween 1979

Hi Mom,

So I fell behind again, and I am changing my format a bit as a result. I am only ONE day behind as I type this note, so that's better than it has been.

In my defense, I was preparing a presentation for my LCC to wow a colleague, and so that took up much of my week. I kicked ass, but I am very tired.

I just got off the phone with Lori, so I was happy to uncover this photo from the treasure trove of my father's miscellaneous folder of unlabeled and dated photos. This one is clearly 1979 because we're in the new West Gull Lake Drive house, and my clothes indicate that I have not gone to college yet. Plus, I doubt I was home on or around Halloween in 1980. I am 17 in this photo, then, and Lori is 10. It also shows that we always received presents for Halloween, which is further proof that it is 1979 as I did had surely received and read Flying Sorcerers before college.

So, my new format is not to do a lot with Throwback Thursday.

I am really tired, Mom.

I am reading Persepolis and preparing to teach it.

I liked these Twitter messages, and then I will end with puppies. I will write more to you, Sunday.

I was just reading "The Second Coming" by Yeats and analyzing it for my students and talking about this very thing.






















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1216 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1811.01 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: