Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1357 - The problem with featuring Mopop's Marvel Exhibit

I am so happy to have caught this photo of all these kids sitting
under the Ms. Marvel statue! This is what the MARVEL
exhibit is all about!!
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1357 - The problem with featuring Mopop's Marvel Exhibit

On October 6th, 2018, I went to the Marvel Comics exhibit at MoPop (Museum of Pop Culture) in Seattle, and I took 240 photos.

I was so excited after spending a couple of hours at the exhibit that I was just going to make a HUGE blog post and share ALL the photos. But, yeah, that's A LOT of photos. So, I never shared more than a couple, which I did here:

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/10/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-1123-kong.html

But I have not yet figured out how to share all the photos. I considered doing a selection (10-20) and then a jump break (or even a separate entry) and stashing all the photos after the break or in the post that does not get pushed to social media. But still, did I mention the NUMBER of photos?

And then because of grading, work, tests, and the PORTLAND BOOK FESTIVAL, I fell behind on posting blog entries. My go to for catching up is either easy and quick shares of other people's content, like this

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/10/a-sense-of-doubt-blog-post-1330-its-not.html

Or this one, which was one of my recent favorites and one I will make my students read from now on:


https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/09/a-sense-of-doubt-blog-post-1313-this-is.html

OR I post reprints of previous HEY MOM or even T-SHIRTS blog entries, like this HEY MOM:

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/09/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-1117.html

OR this T-SHIRT:

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/10/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-1126-t.html


So, yeah, the plans for catching up.

But then it occurred to me that I could do quickies with original content and just a bit of text, like this one. It's the method I had in mind when I created the blog. And I could do a very, very small selection of MoPop photos with captions pretty fast.

So this is that, and here we go.


Hulk - near the entrance

The Mighty Marvel Bullpen of the 1970s

I had to photo this as I was a reader and a subscriber of Writer's Digest for
many years but long after this issue came out!

Jack Kirby's desk

Jack Kirby and family Hanukkah card


Original Steve Ditko (RIP) art from Amazing Fantasy  #15
in which we see Spider-Man in his costume for the first time

close up of Gene Colan cover for Iron Man #1 - one of my favorites of all time!

Close up of HUGE Vision display from the John Buscema art - FAVE

John Busceme original art - Silver Surfer #1

Me - taking a photo with Doctor Strange movie costume in the background

Original art - Frank Miller - Bullseye kills Elektra - Daredevil #181

I LOVE IRON FIST!! I have always loved John Byrne. Great image!

ALEX ROSS ART - wow just wow

Two ever-lovin' blue-eyed things

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1811.08 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1223 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: