Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1123 - Kong Wrecks Halloween - Throwback Thursday for 1810.18 on Saturday


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1123 - Kong Wrecks Halloween - Throwback Thursday for 1810.18 on Saturday

Hi Mom,

What a week! Two weeks as I skipped my usual letter to you last week. The main reason I skipped last week was that I have about 240 photos mostly from the the MoPop Museum in Seattle and its Marvel Comics exhibit, and I am trying to decide the best way to deliver them. I had decided on sharing a selection and then stashing the rest in a jump break or even a separate just MoPop blog entry gallery. Is Google eventually going to charge me for storage? Maybe there's an amazing archiving and compression software thing.

So, that task seemed daunting, and so I delayed posting a Throwback letter to you last week, Mom.
(SIDENOTE: I spoke with my students about my overuse of "So" as a sentence starter on this very blog, and there's an example...)

I am not ready to share the Marvel exhibit photos; those will have to wait.

For now, just random bits of photos and social media stuff.

I have been hammer down to catch up on grading after putting Park's Fall 1 semester to bed. I am still sluicing through the grade chute. It's Hell but I also love it and prefer it to working at Costco. I was happy this last week to speak with a colleague who shared that while grading she "hates her life." I feel you, new friend. That's hard.

I have ELLORY news, and my dear lab turns TWO YEARS OLD tomorrow, so I will save the news for tomorrow.

Mainly, life has been just work, work, work, and CBD oil.

Some good work things, some good future prospects.

I love my new schools.

Now, I will let the pictures and posts do most of the talking.

Thanks for listening, Mom.

And, you, too, dear reader.




****************************************************************










I WANT THIS SHIRT!!




















This is John Cleese's Twitter banner:






MORE SOCIAL MENDACITY (Mendiacity?)













PHOTO GALLERY

These are slides from a great presentation at LCC on adverse childhood and the ACE score by J. Haynes Hughes. Huzzah!!








I need to learn how to ride these trains!




SCENES FROM A WALK IN PORTLAND



These are cast iron skillets described by a guy at New Tech PDX and I wanted to make a note of them.


Also,  No Bull scratch starter concentrate. It was yummy. I want more.













+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1204 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1810.20 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: