Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1125 - NYE 2016 Tomb of Dracula shirt - Throwback Thursday for 1810.25


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1125 - NYE 2016 Tomb of Dracula shirt - Throwback Thursday for 1810.25

Hi Mom,

The last couple of days I have been missing you more than usual. Does anxiety make me miss you more?

I have also called Dad two days in a row, which I do not normally do.

Going with a recent photo as the Throwback because it features my Tomb of Dracula shirt and Halloween is coming up.

AND I am doing an all vampire book recommend tomorrow at Concordia: Dracula, Anne Rice Vampire books, a requisite mention of Buffy, and the great Marvel 1970s Wolfman-Colan TOMB OF DRACULA, featured in the shirt. I will make small art gallery for the great comic at the end. I love Gene Colan.

This is a short one, as I am buried in work, but at least I am publishing for Thursday, though late, on Saturday.




here's the same text as in the image above in case I ever want to edit it.

So, I have shared before that I want to give a rating on a ten point decimal scale and not five stars here. This book is a 9.4 for me. I down grade it a bit because it's unwieldy at times, too bloated, too diffused, with too many ideas in abeyance. There's not enough of a pulse, a beat, an insistence to keep a lot of readers reading. But I am not a lot of readers. Warren Ellis recommended this book in his newsletter, so I decided to give it a go as Warren and I have similar tastes and his advocations are always spot on. This book is on a scale with Gravity's Rainbow or Ulysses but focused through the maker machine of a Neal Stephenson. It's big, complicated, and endlessly fascinating. It's also a bit slow, but I like slow. Good stuff, though if you're not signed on for the long haul, you may prefer the audio. I read this the traditional way (no audio) and it took me almost six months.




So this saga continues with Fergie and the Warriors, especially my main man Draymond Green. It's really silly.

I featured an entry about this and did a mix sharing Fergie's anthem, which I liked.

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2018/02/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-966-sexy.html

But now Fergie's ex-husband is making a headlines grab by suggesting that Draymond owes her an apology.

Whatever.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25094374/golden-state-warriors-make-fun-fergie-national-anthem-performance-again-josh-duhamel-calls-apology-draymond-green


Based on the reaction from the Warriors locker room Friday night, it would not seem that an apology is forthcoming. Instead, we have the #FergieRemixChallenge!







https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomb_of_Dracula

The Tomb of Dracula is an American horror comic book series published by Marvel Comics from April 1972 to August 1979. The 70-issue series featured a group of vampire hunters who fought Count Dracula and other supernatural menaces. On rare occasions, Dracula would work with these vampire hunters against a common threat or battle other supernatural threats on his own, but more often than not, he was the antagonist rather than protagonist. In addition to his supernatural battles in this series, Marvel's Dracula often served as a supervillain to other characters in the Marvel Universe, battling the likes of Blade the Vampire SlayerSpider-Man, the Werewolf, the X-MenHoward the Duck, and the licensed Robert E. Howard character Solomon Kane.





http://www.tombofdracula.net/

Welcome to the Tomb of Dracula tribute page.  In 1972 Marvel Comics introduced its fans to a familar figure but with a much different spin then they'd seen before thanks in part to the Comics Code Authority relaxing its rules on the depiction of vampires in comics and terrific writing and art by the team of Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan.   The Tomb of Dracula lasted throughout the 1970s and earned numerous accolades from fans and critics alike.   Join me now as we take a look at the color comic book series from the 1970s.


http://www.wymann.info/comics/TombOfDracula.html









Marvel Comics Tomb of Dracula was more than just your average vampire tale. The comics weaved an ongoing saga plotting its title's vampire count against a group of vampire hunters. Gene Colan's pencils, inked by Tom Palmer, added a vivid dimension to Marv Wolfman's dramatic storytelling. The result was a gothic atmosphere which harked back at the classic vampire stories while at the same time adding new momentum to the theme.

MORE COOL LINKS:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tomb_of_Dracula_Vol_1_1

https://www.whenitwascool.com/tomb-of-dracula-comic-book-review

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/tomb-of-dracula/4050-2582/

http://www.toonopedia.com/dracula.htm













SO I ASKED MY STUDENTS, WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE DRACULA??


Bela Lugosi - 1931



Christopher Lee - 1958




Gary Oldman - 1992




NOW - 2018 - from Warren Ellis' Netflix Castlevania





Or ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1209 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1810.25 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: