Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #966 - Sexy National Anthems and Women in Music Round up - Musical Monday for 1802.26


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #966 - Sexy National Anthems and Women in Music Round up - Musical Monday for 1802.26

Hi Mom,

So last week when Fergie got eviscerated in the press and online for rendition of the national anthem at the NBA All-Star Game for 2018, which is the first track here and in the You Tube playlist.

I rather liked her performance, though not many people agree with me, even Fergie, who admitted it wasn't her best and what she was trying for didn't really come off well. I can see that, but I liked that tried something different. I support the different.

And so, I was inspired to make a mix for once with all women artists, though an emphasis on Fergie -- four of the tracks are either Fergie solos or feature her with the Black Eyed Peas.

I also wanted to feature woman of color, though not exclusively, so I went to some of my favorite artists, like Erykah Badu, MIA, Solange, and Daniela Andrade, but then as I built the list others came up as YouTube suggested them, such as Cat Power, which seemed to fit perfectly. Ayabambi, Nitty Scott, Macy Gray, and Sneaker Pimps were all suggested by YouTube and I am thankful for finding some new artists to follow.

I have posted some of these tracks before, such as Yasmine Hamdan's "Balad" and Badu's "Afro Blue" but I feel they fit this group.

I was also excited to find a new cut by Tracey Thorn as her new album debuts later this week. I also added new tracks by St. Vincent, Anne Marie, and the Kesha performance from the Grammy Awards to give this post some "kairos."

Also, it stood out to me when Tracey Thorn sang about missing her mom, Mom. That seems to fit the theme of the blog, even though I am not writing about you so much anymore, though I am still writing TO YOU.

I have been listenting to it a lot as I work, so I made the easy YOUTUBE playlist (link below), which does not require constant clicking as you would need to do to play from my blog.

Funny side note. I didn't plan it, but I ended up grabbing the Phantogram that my wife plays a lot. I think she played this Cat Power track quite a bit back in October when it came out.

Seemed right to end with Lorde, who will soon play a concert here in Portland.

Time to post.

Hope you like it.

"i have nothing to control and I am controlling it."
- Sevdaliza

Sexy Anthems and Women in Music PLAYLIST on YOU TUBE
by Chris Tower
for Monday February 26




FOR THE STORY ON FERGIE'S ANTHEM:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22504241/fergie-addresses-national-anthem-controversy-all-star-game





























































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 968 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1802.26 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: