Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, October 5, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1322 - Trilogy - Chat Music podcast, Blur's Parklife, Sexism at Riot Games

@megancmurphy - @ello
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1322 - Trilogy - Chat Music podcast, Blur's Parklife, Sexism at Riot Games

This one is a bit of a cheat as I usually copy some text to read when I share, but this is a time-save share as grading robot has been putting in overtime and under the weather.

Stuff to read -

https://chartmusiccouk.wordpress.com/


http://thequietus.com/articles/15092-blur-parklife-anniversary-review


https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483


Via Kieron Gillen's newsletter:

Some links.
  • After prompted by Springer Apologist Nick Roche, I've given Chart Music a spin. It's a conversational podcast between my generation of music journalists which uses an old episode of British TV Music show Top Of The Pops as its backbone. I started with the 1995 episode, which is clearly worryingly close to Core Gillen History. It also made me re-read Taylor Parkes' piece on the long shadow of Park Life, which I'd forgotten referenced Rue Britannia in passing. This is the sort of things I have complicated feelings over.
  • This piece on the culture of sexism at Riot Games is enormous, well-researched and predictable depressing. Well worth your time.
  • Rita Moreno remembering what it's like to sing with Animal is a joy.
  • I found myself thinking of my own history as a game critic, and found myself skimming through my review of a 7-in-1 magnetic family game pack which I wrote after a lovely holiday in Hydra. It's about 8000 words and, as you may guess, isn't just about reviewing Ludo. Even though, at one point, it absolutely does have a blow by blow account of a game of the blinde dice-rolling monstrosity. I smile. Nearly a decade old, but interesting to see what my mind was doing back then, and how I've changed and how I haven't. Yes, I know, linking to my own crap is very eye-rolly. But still.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1810.05 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1189 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: