Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, October 1, 2018

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1318 - Whisper Words of Wisdom - a Musical Monday Mix for 1810.01



A Sense of Doubt blog post #1318 - Whisper Words of Wisdom - a Musical Monday Mix for 

This is a somewhat lazy mix. I am not doing my usual track lists and rhetoric of in depth reasoning and process analysis.

Pretty much just music today.

"Let It Be" is my favourite Beatles song.

Say what you want, I think it's great, and so I basically created a whole mix around it.

Some may find some of the selections odd, but they make sense to me, especially "Velouria" by the Pixies, which I feel touches some of the themes and it's been a song I have been listening to because my ninth wedding anniversary is Wednesday, and it's one of our songs, Liesel's and mine.

And I feel like we could all use a little wisdom right now, eh?

I know I could.

NOTE: 2309.29: This blog post was edited for better class play with the mix and to replace one unavailable tune. The post never had a track list because in 2018, I was just doing individual videos. I moved the live "Let it Be Me" to the bottom because the introduction of the Indigo Girls is jarring when played in class. I added the album track of "Let it Be Me" in the second position where the live track had been. The mix no longer ends on "Imagine," but that's okay. There was another missing track from the original, which I suspect was "Give Peace a Chance." I decided to add that one back, too. The track I chose for "Give Peace a Chance" is a 2020 mix, which is two years after this post was originally published, but such is the fun of being able to edit.


 Whisper Words of Wisdom - a Musical Monday Mix for 1810.01



VIDEO POD MIX: 





TRACK LIST

[1] Paul McCartney Live - Let It Be - Good Evening New York City Tour (HD)
[2] Let It Be Me (Live) - Indigo Girls
[3] Pixies - Velouria (Official Video)
[4] Beth Orton - Feel To Believe (HD) - St George's Church, Brighton - 30.11.12
[5] India Arie-Strength,Courage,& Wisdom
[6] Cedar Tree - Indigo Girls
[7] The Band ... the Weight 1969 @ woodstock live
[8] Crosby Stills Nash - Carry On / Questions
[9] Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others -- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
[10] The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Live) - OFFICIAL PROMO
[11] Paul Weller Above the Clouds Live
[12] Ani DiFranco - 'Tis of Thee - Bottlerock 2017
[13] Indigo Girls, "The Wood Song," Count Basie Theater, Red Bank New Jersey, 1-29-2016
[14] IMAGINE. (Ultimate Mix, 2020) - John Lennon & The Plastic Ono Band (with the Flux Fiddlers) 
[15] Let It Be Me (Live) - Indigo Girls (at the 2007 SOA Protest)
[16]  GIVE PEACE A CHANCE. (Ultimate Mix, 2020) - Plastic Ono Band (official music video HD)



Individual videos follow. 


















































+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1810.01 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1185 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.


No comments: